Heater core shot?

I got coolant in the passenger footwell. All the hoses look tight. When I switch the lever to heat and the little actuator on the side of the core closes it stops dropping. Switch it to cool and it drips. I'm guessing the core has shit the bed? No option but to replace the whole thing, yeah? 

JOHpse.jpg

When it rains it's pours... Green coolant. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s the heater valve. Might still be able to get the 620 valve. Otherwise you can rebuild it with new o-rings. Pull it off, open it by bending the tabs back very carefully and then go to the hardware store to match up the old o-rings with something new. Clean it up, reinstall. 

35 minutes ago, Draker said:

It’s the heater valve. Might still be able to get the 620 valve. Otherwise you can rebuild it with new o-rings. Pull it off, open it by bending the tabs back very carefully and then go to the hardware store to match up the old o-rings with something new. Clean it up, reinstall. 

Thanks. Yeah, I found the rebuild writeup earlier. Scouring ebay comes up with full cores for like $120 but they could easily have failing valves as well so what's the point. I am going to take a stab at the $1 rebuild. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...