Dual Weber L20B

Suki68

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you still want to run side drafts, I believe Pierce still sells the short intake

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/mt-0037-c.htm

MT-0037-C-2.jpg

I thought Redline produced one also? Their manifold raised the carbs up to get away from the booster, the pics in the listing below show you how close you'll be to the booster

https://www.ebay.com/i/233293001120?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233293001120&targetid=884638959240&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9015401&poi=&campaignid=9426322711&mkgroupid=98144268200&rlsatarget=pla-884638959240&abcId=1141016&merchantid=6296724&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhez9sIv16QIVAb7ACh0VjgVDEAYYBCABEgIEWvD_BwE

Honestly, a good set of 46mm SU's turns a stock L20B into a different animal. Throw a little bit of cam at it and good to go!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Most motorcycle carbs don't have an accelerator pump which is what gives you that immediate kick in acceleration. Not much of an issue with a bike because they don't weigh as much. As others have said, a Weber 32/36 downdraft is the simpler easier way to go.

The accelerator pump is there to prevent a huge fall on your face bog when the carb opens suddenly and intake vacuum becomes almost zero. The engine is running so slowly that there isn't enough air flowing through the venturi to suck in gas. Slide or SU type (AKA constant velocity) operate differently. The slide opens as demand increases keeping the venturi vacuum constant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...