Wanting to know the value of my 620

Lunatic1019

So I recently picked up a 1979 datsun 620 Mostly all original Just interior is not original it’s has a factory 4x4 done I know this Wasn’t technically available until 1980 it has a stamp near vin Verifying that this because a 4 x 4 It’s also a standard 4x4 not running but I’m the process of being her back to life any suggestions are helpful 👍🏻

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't really a factory but a dealer conversion, usually by Low (Loe?) Industries using Dana parts. There were several places that did this conversion and the build quality can vary.

I wouldn't spend any time speculating on what it's worth. If it runs enjoy it. If it needs work, fix it up and enjoy it. Vintage cars are money pits and if you don't enjoy working on them or driving them, if you don't enjoy hunting down parts or making them, you have the wrong hobby because there certainly is no money in it. A non running vehicle is worth scrap metal price unless someone needs some of the parts in it. You can't evaluate the drive train, suspension, steering, brakes or the engine. There may be potential but hard to put a price on that.

• Like 1

This one is stamped 4 wheel engineering and yes I grab it cuz of the look and how your never see then I’m just starting the basics the all fluids spark plugs, Differential fluids gear clean gas tank etc but thank you this does open my eyes to it a bit more

Value is wholly dependent on condition. If it is perfect, I mean showroom quality, it could fetch maybe $10-$12K. With all that's going on with the classic Japanese car and truck market this is likely to change.

But if it is no where near perfect, it's not worth worrying about. Running and driving with no mechanical issues, maybe $5K.

Sweet just trying to get an idea I plan on keeping putting love into and keeping it but for the price I got it for I feel pretty happy in investing Into it I’m also getting a parts truck this Friday has Most of interior I need. I will try to post pics of it I did post one on my account tho 👍🏻 Thanks again like I said everything or any advise will be helpful 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you i recently picked up on another 620 parts truck has the interior I need like bezel for dash tachometer! A spare bed and doors with glass a cab with the the sun roof upgrade brakes the parts truck was once a racer still had seat belts and buckles! etc still I process of stripping it down only paid 140$! For the parts truck parts on it were hard to find or expensive haha i also recently got the one in my profile picture cranking next will be gas in fuel tank and replace fuel pump if needed and rest of remaining fluids I will be dropping some decent money into It soon just waiting on a large refund at moment I will post new pics soon!

If it makes you feel better, I bought my truck for $1100, spent $4000 to get it here from California, then spent another couple hundred on ignition parts and a battery (since every used car ever comes with a shot battery), and then another $3000 to do body work (which looks like crap) and reupholster the seat. Let's not talk about buying panels that are garbage, from Greece, or the wheel and tires.

Basically, I will NEVER get what I paid for this truck, back. I'll never sell it, and I love it to death. I just try not to think about the money.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

i have  79 datson pickup we drive it daily atleast 30 miles a day it has a few rust spots but i need to sell it so i can get my mom another truck a deer hit her suvand totaled it a few months ago.if u are intersted please call me or email swamplife327@gmail.com 9124964777 thats our house number my name is john prescott

IMG_20220912_164954557_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220912_164855929.jpg

• Like 1