Reusing Stock 620 Tachometer Connector

Bucketerium

I'm trying to repurpose the original 6 tachometer wires for using a speedhut tach in my 79 king cab. I Is there anyone here that can confirm my beliefs about the wires?

Based on the screengrab below of the '79 wiring diagram, you can see the original 6 pin tach connector & how I traced the wires out:

L (blue): Signal from distributor    LW (blue/white): switched power    RB (red/black): power from light switch    B (black): ground    RL (red/blue): power from light switch    BG (black/green): power?

ACtC-3fYukFgT6GNmrw8lmq4IhIFzzgU5kuypbyk

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much correct. The Blue/White is only used for the clock option and is a continuous supply not turned off by the ignition. I added 620 to the title so that the search function would differentiate from all other tach wiring and save people time if searching for something else.

Okay, that makes sense. Based on that diagram, the distributor signal goes to nothing & that blue/white wire powers both of them, which I figured was incorrect. It makes sense that the clock needs constant power while the tach wouldn't. Thanks, Mike!

Yup the L or Blue wire is shown wrong on the tach side with L and LW to the same terminal. The diagram you posted is for a '78-'89 and shows the clock at 10:10 the '76 and '77 diagram shows the plugs upside down and facing away from each other to yours and the clock reads 3:00.