jagman

Exciting 720

Does the weber have an idle cut solenoid. It's job is to turn off the fuel to the idle circuit when ignition is shut off. It may not have one. In which case if a standard, hold brake down, lift clutch pedal till the engine lugs down and then turn ignition off and the added load will stall the engine. Wait till the engine is fully stopped before letting the clutch all the way up. For or five times and you will find you do this automatically and smoothly every time.

If an automatic just shut off in drive or reverse and it will stall from the load then place in park.

• Like 1

Weber DGEVs donot come stock with the fuel cut solenoid.  Pierce manifolds sells them.

If your idle is set too high it can also cause dieseling. I had this issue after fixing my AC. I had to adjust the idle up some so it would idle smooth with the AC on. I overshot the idle RPM a little and would get dieseling when shutting the truck off without the AC running.

• Like 1

For run on to occur you need fuel/air/heat from compression

Possible causes of dieseling

Idle set too high

flooding

choke not shutting off

BCDD set too sensitive not shutting off at idle

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you although I don't know what BCDD is unless you mean  Best Can Dumb Drivers.  It turns out that the throttle cable was slightly off and hung up causing the idle to go to 1500 RPM occasionally.  I had to loosen the cable a little. The return spring could be a little heavier as well.  Great diagnosis. I have set the normal idle at 750.   Thanks guys.