Blue Lake 2020 (PENDING)

Hey everyone,

The Blue Lake Datsun/Nissan show will be Sunday August 9th.....That is if kate brown lets us :(.   I will keep this thread,  and our facebook page updated if the show is a go, or a no go.  I really hope we get at least one show this summer 😞 

• Like 4
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Draker said:

Yes, both!!!!

Well.  It looks like brown just fucked both our shows officially. 😞. Maybe we can do a get together. Of some kind for both shows but not have it be a official thing ?  So no awards no door prizes.  Just oh.  We all happened to show up at the same time ?     Call it power lake lol. Or blue land.  Lol.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Farmer said:

New order doesn't say anything about car shows but the park may have something to say

My venue hasnt actually said we officially cancelled  but they havent said we are a go either..kinda limbo. My magic 8ball keeps saying shit like outlook not so good and ask again later.

• Like 5
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 4:13 PM, danfiveten said:

Well.  It looks like brown just fucked both our shows officially. 😞. Maybe we can do a get together. Of some kind for both shows but not have it be a official thing ?  So no awards no door prizes.  Just oh.  We all happened to show up at the same time ?     Call it power lake lol. Or blue land.  Lol.  

This^^^

I thought about this yesterday and had an idea that car shows could turn into cruises. Sort of a "rolling car show" as it were.

There is a car show here on Father's day every year. The event is held in the local Walmart parking lot (cuz it has the most pavement in one place here). It will be interesting to see if it goes on as planned.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

At this point blue lake is canceled everyone.   We got word from the park the other day.  They can’t guarantee us our spot due to restrictions.    Instead on our Instagram we will do a virtual car show.  As well as sharing images of years past shows from the late 80s-90s.  I’m sorry everyone.   It’s a shock to me as well, I’ve never missed a show since I was 4 years old.   The restrictions put on by the governor has damaged any shows that go on at a state campground it seems.  

• Like 3

do it gumball style 

a meet up point and a drive to an unspecified vacant lot or someones personal property 

we have all missed alot this year due to government restrictions 

and flawed models 

do it safe keep distances as recommended and wear a mask if that  is your thing  

• Like 4

Issue is the park. We don’t want to alienate them to where they refuse us next year.   I was going to talk with jbird from powerland about maybe a joint meet up.  Nothing official just a gathering. 

• Like 4

There is supposed to be a car show here in my neck 'o the woods in the next couple weeks. If they actually pull it off, I will report back here on how things were done.

Might help, might not.

• Like 3
On 5/10/2020 at 5:51 AM, KELMO said:

This^^^

I thought about this yesterday and had an idea that car shows could turn into cruises. Sort of a "rolling car show" as it were.

A couple of Hot Rod Magazine staffers tried this here in my hometown, and here's the result..

There's another one scheduled for June 14th, but with the riots (sorry, I mean protests) and general douchebaggery, I'm sitting it out.

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, Duncan said:

A couple of Hot Rod Magazine staffers tried this here in my hometown, and here's the result..

There's another one scheduled for June 14th, but with the riots (sorry, I mean protests) and general douchebaggery, I'm sitting it out.

Don't apologize.  They are riots!

• Like 3
On 6/1/2020 at 3:29 AM, KELMO said:

There is supposed to be a car show here in my neck 'o the woods in the next couple weeks. If they actually pull it off, I will report back here on how things were done.

Might help, might not.

keep us informed from my house to edgewood is less than 7 hours 30 minutes

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:20 AM, gene knight said:

keep us informed from my house to edgewood is less than 7 hours 30 minutes

That is roughly what it takes us to get back from Williams.

Don't forget to factor in pee stops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we can’t do blue lake.  We have been playing around with the idea of a car cruise on the day of blue lake. August 9th.  The cruise we would do is like we used to do in the 90’s,  a cruise up the the St. Helens visitor center, starting from Vancouver Washington.  Who would be interested in this ?  It’s not blue lake, but at least this wouldn’t be breaking the rules on social distancing.   

• Like 1