T3 Heat Shield

JK510

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My car has a similar style shield on it with the SUs.  I can't speak for a difference between having it or not having it, but I've had the car out in traffic in 100 deg weather many times and it never vapor locked or anything.

Edited by BrandonS

I wasn’t a big fan of it...

didnt fit with my shorty Mikuni manifold and unknown header without some serious trimming...

the holes weren’t lined up the best either...

pretty easy to fab one up with some sheet aluminum. But if your not confident the t3 would be better then nothing 

I have one on my 510. I just installed it last month. I'm running an L18 with an unknown header, shorty Mikuni intake, and the Mikuni 40's. It took a lot of fitting to get the shield to bolt on my car, 2 hours worth. I like it though, it's doing the job and looks good. I looked at it as being the place to start instead of having to fab the whole thing from scratch, so even with the fitting time i'm about even on the money and faster on the time...

My $0.02

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Metzman510 said:

I have one on my 510. I just installed it last month. I'm running an L18 with an unknown header, shorty Mikuni intake, and the Mikuni 40's. It took a lot of fitting to get the shield to bolt on my car, 2 hours worth. I like it though, it's doing the job and looks good. I looked at it as being the place to start instead of having to fab the whole thing from scratch, so even with the fitting time i'm about even on the money and faster on the time...

My $0.02

Any chance of a photo of it fitted...?

The problem is in the VARIOUS intake manifolds.  The carburetor front & rear faces are consistent, but the spacing BETWEEN the carburetors, in other words the spacing between the runners of the intake manifold, varies by manufacturer.  That is why that T3 heatshield will fit SOME intake manifolds, not others.  To complicate things, you might have a UK manufactured manifold that we Yanks have never seen!  What brand intake manifold do you have?  I can't imagine pics of other peoples set ups would help much, because the differences might be small, but would still potentially make buying the T3 heatshield a waste of time (PS we use LOTS of T3's other products with great success!)!