I want to get dual SU carbs for my B210

Donatello528

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, wayno said:

That is not a carb for a dual SU setup, here is what sorta looks like.

DSCN1927.jpg

DSCN1928.jpg

Here is a true set of dual SUs for the A block.

DSCN3226.jpg

Here is a set on the manifold, not a very good photo but it is what I have available.

DSCN0032.jpg

So how do I search for this? How do I find one to buy or build or whatever?

They are hard to find and expensive, if you can find a set it will likely cost you $500.00 to a $1000.00 and they may need rebuilt.

You likely would spend less money converting over to motorcycle carbs and get a better result although I don't recall ever seeing an A block with motorcycle carbs.

I guess I did assume you have an A14 block/engine, am I right?

Just now, wayno said:

They are hard to find and expensive, if you can find a set it will likely cost you $500.00 to a $1000.00 and they may need rebuilt.

You likely would spend less money converting over to motorcycle carbs and get a better result although I don't recall ever seeing an A block with motorcycle carbs.

I guess I did assume you have an A14 block/engine, am I right?

I'm pretty sure it's an A14, yeah.

51dlBuEHQUL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Get a >$300 Weber 32/36 from Pierce manifolds... https://www.piercemanifolds.com/  ... and call it good. The conversion has everything needed, adapter, air filter gaskets and more.

The B-210 uses a cable throttle, the SUs are a linkage. You would need manifold, and carbs plus the air filters then some king of throttle to work on a cable.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

51dlBuEHQUL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Get a >$300 Weber 32/36 from Pierce manifolds... https://www.piercemanifolds.com/  ... and call it good. The conversion has everything needed, adapter, air filter gaskets and more.

The B-210 uses a cable throttle, the SUs are a linkage. You would need manifold, and carbs plus the air filters then some king of throttle to work on a cable.

What is the advantage of the weber vs. dual SUs? I mean, besides the cable vs. linkage

One other thing to think about is do you have room in the engine bay for dual carbs. It is possible that the brake master will be in the way. Had this issue with one of my 1200's and went the weber route instead.

EDIT: did not mean to quote anything, just fat fingered something.....

Edited by KELMO
10 hours ago, Donatello528 said:

What is the advantage of the weber vs. dual SUs? I mean, besides the cable vs. linkage

Only cheaper and far easier and done! I would rather have SUs for sure but the 32/36 will give you some above the stock carb.

SUs are totally different than a down draft and about the only similarity is that they mix gas with air. There's no choke flap, no accelerator pump and no secondary.

I've had stock, Weber 32/36, GX SU twin carbs, and twin 40mm Dellortos all on the same engine. The Dellortos were obviously the best performing but worst gas mileage and upkeep, and difficult to fit. The SUs were the best compromise, they wayy outperform the 32/36, pretty hands off, and still got good gas mileage.  Its a great choice, but hard to find a complete setup in good shape. You'll also need a header, or gx, or later model 210 divorced exhaust manifold to run the SU carbs.

Having had 32/36 , single 45 dcoe, quad mikuini bike carbs , 38mm dual L series huitachi sus, 44mm dual 240z hitachi sus , and now hs6 genuine sus, the british are easiest to set up and for spare parts. 

The quads were most responsive and powerful(pain to set up and tune) and i wouldnt bother single dcoe.

The 32/36 is easy and almost as good for sus.easy to set up and buy.

Sus give about 90% of the total seat of the pants power amd response of the quads but easiet to work on imho.

So my scores out of 100% for performance

Stock 50%

32/36 70%

DCOE 80%

38MM hitachi SUS 75 %

44mm hitachit sus 85%

Hs6 genuine sus 90%

Quad mikunis 95%

I am reserving 100% for efi

• 2 years later...