Looking for a dependable beater

Hey everyone I'm new here and let me let you in on what I'm about. I'm a hardcore hot rodder with a home built '31 Ford pick-up. The reason I'm here is because I saw a cool little '68 Datsun pick up and the guy who owned it recommended I go here to find a cheap one, like a grand or less. It doesn't have to be a 1968 model year or even very nice condition wise, though that obviously is preferred. I am just looking for a dependable beater to get me to and from work and to move some stuff around when needed. If it's not a smog exempt year it will need to be able to pass inspection and the smog test since I live in California. I hope that was a good intro for everyone, let me know what you have. Oh also I have a 1955 Pontiac available for trade plus cash if that type of car floats anyone's boat here.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got drunk 'n' stoned plenty in Pacifica in the early '70's. Got ripped off of some re-enlistment bonus money, but it was my own stupidity for having that much cash on me and partying hardy.

I was 21 and got hit on by a 13yo and 37yo in the same weekend.

Interesting town, to say the least.

I see, well I'm in not so sunny Pacifica in the SF Bay Area.

I would start looking into criags list in ur area, I'm sure you will find sumthing..

when you do, lets us know and we will need to see pics of ur " dependable beater "

Excellent idea. I just hit up the SF Area craigslist, did a search in Cars & Trucks for Datsun with a max of 1000, and came up with 24 hits. I like this one (and it's near you in Daly City):

1968 521 1300

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/929120505.html

or this 1977 620 in San Jose:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/924927066.html

The '83 280ZX might be a good deal if all it really needs is some clutch work.

It's a buyer's market in this economy, so you can afford to be choosy and wait for the right vehicle.

Hey everyone I'm new here and let me let you in on what I'm about. I'm a hardcore hot rodder with a home built '31 Ford pick-up. The reason I'm here is because I saw a cool little '68 Datsun pick up and the guy who owned it recommended I go here to find a cheap one, like a grand or less. It doesn't have to be a 1968 model year or even very nice condition wise, though that obviously is preferred. I am just looking for a dependable beater to get me to and from work and to move some stuff around when needed. If it's not a smog exempt year it will need to be able to pass inspection and the smog test since I live in California. I hope that was a good intro for everyone, let me know what you have. Oh also I have a 1955 Pontiac available for trade plus cash if that type of car floats anyone's boat here.

you said it in your first post and WELCOME

dont forget to wipe your feet, were trying to keep this a clean forum .:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.