newbie- auto trans on my 68 521 PU

dattruck68

Newbie here in so cal,

just bought my first datusn truck. gonna do a full restoration. Truck has auto transmission, could not find any info in the original repair manual. Does anyone have a resource for basic info on auto trans.

Thanks,

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 521 was a '69 model year. The '69 model year began with build dates starting October '68.

The first Datsun truck with an automatic was the '73 620 so someone has made some changes on yours. Never seen or heard of a J series automatic. It may not even be a J series engine. The easiest swap would be an A series engine and automatic from a B-210 or later 210.

Can you post a picture of it?

• Like 2

thanks for the quick response. The motor is really small (front to back). I will find out what series it is but I think it is stock. I see a hole in the firewall where the clutch cylinder is missing so maybe a retrofit with the auto trans.

Does not really matter though as I am going to make this truck into an EV. So as long as the auto trans turns the differential then I am probably ok.

Thanks

• Like 1