On 5/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, ThatRandomeGuy said:

Datzenmike do you mean the uppermost bulb with two filaments?

otw to the second junkyard trying to find a radiator I called ahead yesterday but they closed at 5 and It was 4:45 and I was an hour away. My uncle pressure tested the ac system and it won’t hold a vacuum and we decided that it wasn’t any of the lines leaking and had to be the condenser. Great. The condenser I spent The past 2-3 years trying to find is no good. I know one more junkyard that has two fully loaded king cabs only open on Saturday's from 8-12 maybe they’ll have one.

That hose looks totally different than an AC line. That looks like a hydraulic hose. I work at a hydraulic shop and bases upon those crimps on the Gates fittings, that is not an AC hose. I would keep an eye on that. The chemical resistance of the tube in that hose is not Freon rated. 

Edited by KDW_80-720
Clarify
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KDW_80-720 said:

That hose looks totally different than an AC line. That looks like a hydraulic line. The AC hoses seal on an O-ring at the flat 90° flare fitting. This look like a standard JIC fitting. I know I’m late but hopefully it saves you some trouble 

I suspected that after I replaced it last time. I had to have that hose made after I couldn’t find any locally. But haven’t charged the system yet since then. I was going to do so today with my uncles help who has the vacuum pump and Freon and I’m certain he has o rings, but anyways, thanks!! Oh shoot I just saw your edit. I hope the ac line in the junkyard wasn’t robbed with the engine and compressor. So you’re  saying this hose will eventually fail and I’ll need to find a better ac line?

Edited by ThatRandomeGuy
Respond to clarification
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, SLO720 said:

That's good news 🙂 Did you use heat shrink butt connectors or heat shrink over the connectors? Just an idea to keep crud and moisture out of them 

I haven’t had any heat shrink but I did electric tape around the connections individually and wrapped around the hole wiring mess. I’m going to invest in some wire loom soon and see if I can find a better place to route it out of the way 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThatRandomeGuy said:

I suspected that after I replaced it last time. I had to have that hose made after I couldn’t find any locally. But haven’t charged the system yet since then. I was going to do so today with my uncles help who has the vacuum pump and Freon and I’m certain he has o rings, but anyways, thanks!!

I edited that comment. I misspoke about the fittings, those will seal on the flare. But it looks like a hydraulic line so keep an eye on it 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KDW_80-720 said:

I edited that comment. I misspoke about the fittings, those will seal on the flare. But it looks like a hydraulic line so keep an eye on it 

Hmm. I see. Is it something that will cause damage to my ac system or is it something I can charge up now and just keep and eye out for a new ac line?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThatRandomeGuy said:

Hmm. I see. Is it something that will cause damage to my ac system or is it something I can charge up now and just keep and eye out for a new ac line?

I don’t think it should damage your AC system, but the hose might need replacement sooner rather than later. If you have a local hydraulic hose shop I would hit them up and see if they do AC hose.

• Like 1

Update.. Hit another deer lol. I need To find a new bumper and I think my next investment will be a light bar and some brighter headlights. I recently went to the junkyard I remembered seeing a 4wd 720 with a brush guard I would have loved to have XD, but unfortunately I think it was stolen. I found the fender I needed , in the stock tanish color with a pinstripe. I’ve asked him to sell me the whole truck but he refused to sell it to me .. extended cab automatic transmission with a color matched camper shell ?? I just need to find a good front bumper!! Preferably chrome. I got my tonneau cover shocks in place and I bought a c notch. I’m also prepared to put the gas tank in the bed,, but with a bed cover on would that creat any.. uhhh ventilation issues? This is a long update but I just got a new job and haven’t had much free time. I’ll post a few pics as soon as I can upload them 

• Like 1

Chrome bumpers came on 2wd and black on 4wd, just to give you an idea of what to look for

• Like 1