Update

ThatRandomeGuy

On 5/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, ThatRandomeGuy said:

Datzenmike do you mean the uppermost bulb with two filaments?

otw to the second junkyard trying to find a radiator I called ahead yesterday but they closed at 5 and It was 4:45 and I was an hour away. My uncle pressure tested the ac system and it won’t hold a vacuum and we decided that it wasn’t any of the lines leaking and had to be the condenser. Great. The condenser I spent The past 2-3 years trying to find is no good. I know one more junkyard that has two fully loaded king cabs only open on Saturday's from 8-12 maybe they’ll have one.

That hose looks totally different than an AC line. That looks like a hydraulic hose. I work at a hydraulic shop and bases upon those crimps on the Gates fittings, that is not an AC hose. I would keep an eye on that. The chemical resistance of the tube in that hose is not Freon rated. 

Edited by KDW_80-720
Clarify
  • Like 2
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, KDW_80-720 said:

That hose looks totally different than an AC line. That looks like a hydraulic line. The AC hoses seal on an O-ring at the flat 90° flare fitting. This look like a standard JIC fitting. I know I’m late but hopefully it saves you some trouble 

I suspected that after I replaced it last time. I had to have that hose made after I couldn’t find any locally. But haven’t charged the system yet since then. I was going to do so today with my uncles help who has the vacuum pump and Freon and I’m certain he has o rings, but anyways, thanks!! Oh shoot I just saw your edit. I hope the ac line in the junkyard wasn’t robbed with the engine and compressor. So you’re  saying this hose will eventually fail and I’ll need to find a better ac line?

Edited by ThatRandomeGuy
Respond to clarification
  • Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, SLO720 said:

That's good news 🙂 Did you use heat shrink butt connectors or heat shrink over the connectors? Just an idea to keep crud and moisture out of them 

I haven’t had any heat shrink but I did electric tape around the connections individually and wrapped around the hole wiring mess. I’m going to invest in some wire loom soon and see if I can find a better place to route it out of the way 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ThatRandomeGuy said:

I suspected that after I replaced it last time. I had to have that hose made after I couldn’t find any locally. But haven’t charged the system yet since then. I was going to do so today with my uncles help who has the vacuum pump and Freon and I’m certain he has o rings, but anyways, thanks!!

I edited that comment. I misspoke about the fittings, those will seal on the flare. But it looks like a hydraulic line so keep an eye on it 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, KDW_80-720 said:

I edited that comment. I misspoke about the fittings, those will seal on the flare. But it looks like a hydraulic line so keep an eye on it 

Hmm. I see. Is it something that will cause damage to my ac system or is it something I can charge up now and just keep and eye out for a new ac line?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ThatRandomeGuy said:

Hmm. I see. Is it something that will cause damage to my ac system or is it something I can charge up now and just keep and eye out for a new ac line?

I don’t think it should damage your AC system, but the hose might need replacement sooner rather than later. If you have a local hydraulic hose shop I would hit them up and see if they do AC hose.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Update.. Hit another deer lol. I need To find a new bumper and I think my next investment will be a light bar and some brighter headlights. I recently went to the junkyard I remembered seeing a 4wd 720 with a brush guard I would have loved to have XD, but unfortunately I think it was stolen. I found the fender I needed , in the stock tanish color with a pinstripe. I’ve asked him to sell me the whole truck but he refused to sell it to me .. extended cab automatic transmission with a color matched camper shell ?? I just need to find a good front bumper!! Preferably chrome. I got my tonneau cover shocks in place and I bought a c notch. I’m also prepared to put the gas tank in the bed,, but with a bed cover on would that creat any.. uhhh ventilation issues? This is a long update but I just got a new job and haven’t had much free time. I’ll post a few pics as soon as I can upload them 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 7/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, ThatRandomeGuy said:

Those seats I pulled out of a late 90s neon 2 of the holes match up one in the front and one in the back, but I’ll be modifying the brackets to sit lower. I’m 6’3 slim and don’t hit my knees on the steering wheel but if my thighs were any bigger it may be a problem.

Hey, nice progress on your 720.

Can you clarify this for me?  Did the Neon seats line up on all 4 holes?????  I snagged some Rodeo seats last week, but I guess they were the wrong year. The rear mount holes were way off and the front mounts were different heights, so the seat was unlevel.  Therefore, I need to take them back to exchange them.  There's several Neons where I'm going so want to know for sure if they are direct bolt in or not. Thanks Bro.

• Like 2

Yes mine fit and work perfectly, I just only have 2 bolts in each them lol. All 4 DO NOT line up at least in my truck that is. But I’ve been riding (fast) without the others and the seats seem to be doing pretty good for me no problems

Edited by ThatRandomeGuy
Redundancy (literally restated most of the quote)
  • Like 2