521 upper link shaft kit

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 5 numbers are a generic part locater.  It merely designates the general description of the family of the part, not anything specific to the actual part.  Like "bumper" not 510 bumper.  The second portion of the part number is the specific part and model application.

The 620 'kit' is a replacement spindle, bushing, dust seal and probably other things not available on the 521 unless you buy all the parts separately. I'm guessing the kit is for extrme accident damage where everything needs replacement. You probably don't need the spindle you can use the old one and really its just cheaper to replace the bushing which is the big wear item. The 521/620 upper link bushings are the same.

No the spindle is shot because of a bent support on the passenger side plus their was no way to grease anything everything had a small plug where the grease fittings shyness I’ve rebuilt the whole front end except for the spindle and fulcrum 

2 minutes ago, Jef-fro said:

No the spindle is shot because of a bent support on the passenger side plus their was no way to grease anything everything had a small plug where the grease fittings shyness I’ve rebuilt the whole front end except for the spindle and fulcrum 

The small hex plug is common in Japanese vehicles.  Unscrew them, insert a zerk fitting, grease and remove the zerk then replace the hex screw head plugs.  Use of the plug allows for larger wheel ID clearance.  If you lose the plug, use a 90 degree zerk, they usually will clear suspension parts [but more clearance is better, so do not lose the plugs].

40 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Crap wish I knew of this one sooner

my 521 was worn out but had a spare

the end part cap was worn out .

like to see the lower fulcrum one for sale?

maybe this for a 620????

I just ordered the lower fulcrum pin kits off eBay 34$ for 2 kits plus 30 shipping but he has some more if you’re interested 

Just so others know, if you ever see a 320 or early 520 being scrapped out get the upper control arms, the reason is they use the Roadster upper inner shafts/bushings and one will likely be able to get Roadster parts for a long time and they will fit on a 521 if you have 320/early 520 upper control arms.

Here is a late 521 upper control arm sitting on a very early 520 arm which is the same as the 320 upper control arm.

001.jpg

Here it is moved down a little so one can see the bushings are larger and the shaft is slightly wider but the arms are the same width.

002.jpg

The very early stuff is basically the same except lighter duty, the 320/520/521 has hardly any aftermarket support, but the Datsun 1600/2000 Roadster does have aftermarket support.

• Like 1