5 Lug Conversion

72nismo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It can be done. On my brothers car we used Z31 turbo hubs (not sure of exact year model sorry, but they did come from the US).

The front's went onto R31 skyline struts (you probably dont get these).

The rears went into the 510 trailing arm, but a different smaller inner wheel bearing was needed as the shaft tapers from 30mm to 35mm on the hub shaft.

You will need the inner hub cv companion flange as well (and you'll need to convert to cv's, unless you can find a matching flange with the 27 spline on it. 510 is 25 spline from memory).

Another alternative, is to use datsun 240k rear arms (again, not sure if you got these in the US), but these run the same size hubs as Z31, so the hubs slot straight in, you just need to weld a 510 shock mount on the trailing arm.

Oh, one other thing, there is a sleeve of metal that sits over the shaft of the hub and in between the wheel bearings, you'll need these from the donor car as well.

dsc01257largezp4.jpg

• 9 months later...

So the z31 turbo hubs are 27 spline ??? if i remember right the subi sti axles are 27 spline ??? If this is correct you should be able to get the r180 sti lsd rear diff and axles, have the axles shortened and have cv's

Edited by sssr20det510
  • 1 year later...

you can redrill the stock rear stub axles one hole lines up the machine shop i use does them for 40 bucks you just have to redrill your rotors too but i think edp sells disk brakets for z31 rotors you just gotta get the turbo version

front is z31turbo struts and hubs its that it easy

• 2 years later...

Quick question, this seemed like the appropriate place. Has anyone tried fitting an 89-94 240sx hub on a 280zx strut. It looks like its sealed bearings and I've only seen pictures of them. But if a s13 hub fit they make 5 lug no mod bolt on hubs for them. It might be something more readily available to look into. If I have the time I'll check just for fun but if someones already tried I'd be interested to know the results. Thanks!

Quick question, this seemed like the appropriate place. Has anyone tried fitting an 89-94 240sx hub on a 280zx strut. It looks like its sealed bearings and I've only seen pictures of them. But if a s13 hub fit they make 5 lug no mod bolt on hubs for them. It might be something more readily available to look into. If I have the time I'll check just for fun but if someones already tried I'd be interested to know the results. Thanks!

I dont know about actually putting the hubs on, but I measured a friend extra set and they are +.5 in wider than stock 510 hubs and +1in from 280zx hubs. 

I can't find a 300zx anywhere. I don't have a lot of time to look around different junk yards either. I'm just trying to find a more easily available setup for a reasonable price. I'd love to do the 300zx setup, just not feasible. And since I'm swapping the rear end with a jag rear end it'd be lame to leave the front 4 and the rear 5 lug