Wiring diagram for 521 non US version

MiltonV

Hi, I am having a hard time fixing the wiring harness of my car using the diagrams that are commonly found on the web.

My car comes with the jideco 25230-89905 which is the 6 spade connector and all diagrams show 4 connectors or double relays version.

So does anyone have or know where to download a schematic for a '71 521 with the 6 spade connector?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rosso said:

The wiring diagram they have is for the US Canada version with 2 relays and the other diagram is not available.

I read that topic before so I think maybe I can get some clues and try to figure out how to rewire the mess that previous owner did

USA model 521 trucks had two slightly different wiring circuits for the headlights, and the difference was earlier 521 trucks had only one fuse supplying the light switch on the dashboard, later 521 trucks had two fuses supplying power to the light switch, the second fuse separated all the smaller lights from the headlights.

For the headlights, from the fuse box, a thick solid red wire goes into the cab, and to the light switch.  Headlight power comes out of the light switch on a thick red wire with a yellow stripe.  This wire goes to the one headlight relay.  In the relay, power goes to the contacts, and to the relay coil.  The relay coil is grounded by the turn signal switch.

If the headlight relay coil is not grounded, the normally closed contacts in the relay connect power from the red with a yellow strip wire to the red with a black stripe wire, that goes to the two low beam headlights.  

If the headlight relay coil is grounded, the normally open contacts in the relay connect power from the red with a yellow strip wire to the red with a white stripe wire, that goes to the four high beam headlights.  

The headlights are grounded by a black wire that goes back to a bolt on a lug under the voltage regulator.

If you have a 521 with six wires going to the dash light switch, it was a factory option to put fog lights on a 521.  The fog lights were turned on by twisting the light switch clockwise

Here is a 521 wiring diagram.

521wires.jpg

Edited by DanielC
  • Like 1