1967 Datsun 520

Suki68

I’m doing a frame up restoration on a 1967 520. It’s not going to be original. I’m building this for a reliable fun little truck. I’m looking for a front end bushing kit. Everything on the truck is shot. I’ve found the body bushings on the site, but nothing for front ends. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, Suki68 said:

I’m about ready for the cab to come off, but dealing with the steering column right now. I guess a 620 front bushing kit will work, so I’m ordering that next and installing. 

Remove steering wheel, turn signal switch,  column hanger and the floor/firewall dust boot.  Remove steering linkage from pitman arm then remove steering box to frame bolts and nuts.  Jack the front of your 520 up as high as you can get it put it on jacke stands.   Lower the steering gear box and this will bring the steering column out through the firewall.  aftter the column is through the firewall then you can just keep moving the steering box forward until the column is clear of th frame.  Install in reverse order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...