Microquirted L20b

beev

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help with the squirt but it may be something awfully simple that was over looked.

Just to be sure the firing order is in a counter clockwise direction. If backwards 2 and 3 will be reversed on the cap.

Turn distributor clockwise to advance and counter clockwise to retard. You should be able to check/set the timing using the starter. Try 120 advance.

Is this a points distributor in your 510?

Was the engine running before installing the squirt?

I agree with the above.  I've Megasquirted 3 L series engines.  I hate the 36-1 wheels, they get such a shit signal.  I think you have your coils flipped.  Swap them and see if it lights.  

@datzenmike there is no distributor.

@banzai510(hainz) and @Icehouse I tried carb fluid and nothing. What coils do you think are flipped? It is wasted spark and I checked TDC to make sure I wasn't out. 

The 36-1 comment leave me at a loss. I had a fuel only setup and kept getting noise in the signal preventing me from running. I think it had to be either from the Dizzy or the coil. I finally gave up as others I seemed to talk to loved the 36-1. I was all excited over FI but am starting to regret this 2 year struggle, SUs and Dizzy would have had a running car years ago. Now I feel like I am too close to give up.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, beev said:

@datzenmike there is no distributor.

@banzai510(hainz) and @Icehouse I tried carb fluid and nothing. What coils do you think are flipped? It is wasted spark and I checked TDC to make sure I wasn't out. 

The 36-1 comment leave me at a loss. I had a fuel only setup and kept getting noise in the signal preventing me from running. I think it had to be either from the Dizzy or the coil. I finally gave up as others I seemed to talk to loved the 36-1. I was all excited over FI but am starting to regret this 2 year struggle, SUs and Dizzy would have had a running car years ago. Now I feel like I am too close to give up.

Pull the plug wires and flip them.   swap 1 and 2 and then swap 3 and 4 so they are on opposite coils.  

• Like 1