New project 74 620 chop-top

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running the inside door button release as an, in addition to, or instead of, the regular inside handles? If instead of...You might consider (if you haven’t) running an auxiliary cable release on one/both doors. That 620 that my brother had years ago had only button release on the inside and sometimes they didn’t work...So we’d have to climb out of the window. I love Datsun 620s! However, that one...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jersey said:

Are you running the inside door button release as an, in addition to, or instead of, the regular inside handles? If instead of...You might consider (if you haven’t) running an auxiliary cable release on one/both doors. That 620 that my brother had years ago had only button release on the inside and sometimes they didn’t work...So we’d have to climb out of the window. I love Datsun 620s! However, that one...

In addition to the original handles, I wanted to make sure I had a Mechanical way of getting out in case of emergency or the car dies, they are more just for aesthetic purposes and flash but will be completely fictional. Haha yeah I don’t want to be climbing out the window but you gotta do what you gotta do ! Ha 

• Like 3

Is that the HotSpark distributor?  for like 60$

can you do a short vid on how its installed compared to the stock one.  Meaning is it drop in, use the stock plate from the old dist, or move the oil spindal a tooth, or flip the timming plate that come with it  ecttt to make this work. I know I can be done but like to see some do it then post on you tube in the how to section.

Nobody can give me a sure EZ install as the tiimming plate miight not match the mount used by the orginal mount.(don't line up as the L16 and L20 ones are different tang orientation.

I know it say fit all L series but it not really a true drop in as most think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Is that the HotSpark distributor?  for like 60$

can you do a short vid on how its installed compared to the stock one.  Meaning is it drop in, use the stock plate from the old dist, or move the oil spindal a tooth, or flip the timming plate that come with it  ecttt to make this work. I know I can be done but like to see some do it then post on you tube in the how to section.

Nobody can give me a sure EZ install as the tiimming plate miight not match the mount used by the orginal mount.(don't line up as the L16 and L20 ones are different tang orientation.

I know it say fit all L series but it not really a true drop in as most think.

Yeah, I figured as much you get what you pay for.  I’ll do my best to do a detailed explanation of installation and all the issues I encounter I’ll post it up tomorrow or later today P7bihQX.png

• Like 2

ONE guy got that distributor and said it worked ok but then he dissappeard.  he said to had to rig the plate and move the oil drive spindal i think  but be nice to have something on the web so people can reference to for later .   I myself know I can make it work but be nice for novice folks to have something to ref too.  also mos distributors are getting worn and maybe this will work. I know its China but for 60$  and use the ballast resistor like in the instructions I assume it should be ok.

really I ue a PowerSelect Rockauto  35amp alternator and I got 3 yrs out of it so far. The rebuilds don't even last me 8months. I stick with the small 35amper.

• Like 2

I just notice your dist is different than the one I’m the ad.

the Nissan one should be a clip dist cap and the one in the ad is a clip type

the one you have a photo of is screwed in cap and a square rectangle center connector??so one needs to know what car that comes from to replace it.

maybe they made a mistake shipping the wrong one

let is know

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 2

Ok guys so to my surprise that dizzy was pretty much direct hookup, yes it had screw top and different color wires, but all I had do was drill the hole in the bracket slightly wider so it wouldn’t rub on the bolt but other than that it was a easy install no extra hang ups definitely recommended

ss5dvTx.jpgDEASg2x.jpgcoil doesn’t get hot and truck runs 1000% better 

yKOFTYE.jpg4QvRxtY.jpgaNI0LcL.jpg

• Like 3

nice dash setup.   when i shaved my door handles on my S10 xtreme back in 2005 i ran a bicycle brake cable under the cab and along the frame rail in case of dead battery or remote for door popper quit working.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, LilDotty74 said:

In addition to the original handles, I wanted to make sure I had a Mechanical way of getting out in case of emergency or the car dies, they are more just for aesthetic purposes and flash but will be completely fictional. Haha yeah I don’t want to be climbing out the window but you gotta do what you gotta do ! Ha 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, LilDotty74 said:

Haters will hate haha mPAJ1HH.jpg

Do you know how many ratsun guys have a similar setup.... I have had a Gatorade bottle catching my coolant for almost 2 years... I keep saying I'll buy a proper over flow and never do.....

Looks good to me...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Do you know how many ratsun guys have a similar setup.... I have had a Gatorade bottle catching my coolant for almost 2 years... I keep saying I'll buy a proper over flow and never do.....

Looks good to me...

Gatorade bottle compared to Japanese giant ramune bottle? I wouldn’t call that a similar set up....

but thanks 

10 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I got Gatorade bottle

Just replace my water pump and new Champion radiator. the 1st OPL(looks like a Champin leaked right when new. This one I just installed seems better.  I don't think Ill get another Chinese radiator ever again.

I feel that,  and the price is not all that different I kinda feel like a cheap bastard for that one, haha but we will see how long my little Chinese radiator will last