New project 74 620 chop-top

Wow, that is some awesome repair work (sarcasm font)

Looks like you may need you some www.vintageconnections.com

I purchased their CK-4N kit and it has almost all the connectors that I have needed and If I remember the price was quite reasonable. I bought their crimper also.

EDIT: Almost forgot...Them lights for the engine bay look badass. Do want.

Edited by KELMO
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LilDotty74 said:

I think I’m going to replace the wire harness, literally completely covered in tape 

Not sure of your wiring competencies... If your thinking about replacing it completely, I assume decent and your probably have a harness preference...

But -  Ive had good luck with American Autowire's Highway 15 kit- ran it on both my 510 and 620. Takes a little bit of thinking to cross their Ford/GM wiring diagram over to the Datsun stuff, but not bad. Kept the stock ignition switch on both. Running the stock wiper switch on the 620. Both stock headlight switches were bad, and it was easier for me to wire up using their switch, so I am running their switch for the headlights, with a 2 relay set up for the hi/low beams using the stock stalk to toggle. I like being able to run the wires individually... although I do wonder sometimes if the preattached wires end up being cleaner since you pre-group them and then run them... Idk.

https://www.americanautowire.com/shop/highway-15-wiring-kit

20 hours ago, KELMO said:

Wow, that is some awesome repair work (sarcasm font)

Looks like you may need you some www.vintageconnections.com

I purchased their CK-4N kit and it has almost all the connectors that I have needed and If I remember the price was quite reasonable. I bought their crimper also.

EDIT: Almost forgot...Them lights for the engine bay look badass. Do want.

Thanks this website is badass 

Just went back for a look. You say this is an '74 but it has a '76 or newer cab on it. They stopped using the plastic vent on the '76 cab's B or rear pillar. Which is perfectly alright, I had a '74 cab on my '78 made sure I swapped the engine tag to match..

• Thanks 1

It looks like your core support may have been changed...It’s hard to tell, but it looks like there are some non-factory welds by the battery area. The core support you have now is ‘75–‘79, as it is notched out, unlike the ‘72.5-‘74, which are straight across. As for the cab vents they may have been shaved when the chop top and the frenched antenna were done. To know for sure, open up your driver door and see if you have the air outlet louvers by the hinges. If you don’t...Your cab is ‘72-‘75 ( in your case: ‘74). If you do have them...Your cab is ‘76-‘79. 
9-DA342-BC-B226-401-A-A5-CB-CB52-ED2-BA2

E7-BD4-DCE-A4-B3-4460-B817-C29880-A6-A18

Edited by Jersey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where the round hole is, for the door micro switch, is where you’ll need to look. These louvers will be on either side of the truck. Open the door completely and take your forefinger and feel for them. Or with the door completely open, stand in front of the door, and shine a flashlight between the gap of the fender and the door. You will either see 3 reverse punched louvers: Or you won’t. Shining a flashlight is best, because you will see them clearly (the door has to be completely open).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CRAZY I FOUND THIS 620 ONLINE AND ITS MY EXACT TRUCK ABOUT 20 OR SO YEARS AGO! 
literally compared everything the color, the chop top, the year, the custom front body work, button style bed cover (took that off when I got the truck), the antenna, even the pink decal. Maybe we can find the first owner ????

zViSzL9.jpg

• Like 1