New project 74 620 chop-top

I would use "bondo hair" first on that cab top, it lasts way longer and doesn't crack like thick layers of bondo do, I did my 520 kingcab several years ago with it and then smoothed it out with a thin layer of bondo and have not had an issue.

I started out with this

DSCN0105.jpg

Then I used bondo hair to get it fairly smooth.

DSCN1619.jpg

Then I used bondo to smooth it out.

DSCN1622.jpg

It turned out alright for someone that doesn't really know how to do bondo finishing work and paint, this photo below is how it looks right now today, it is kinda dirty.

001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Don’t put that nasty airdam on.

On the spark plugs!!! only put NGK or Nippondenso. Autolite or others have a different thread pitch and hard to get out

get nice quiet muffler

You realise its certain to get the air dam and a cherry bomb now?

• Haha 2

No not a flow master!!!!!!Junk 510 guys don’t even put that on anymore maybe when they were 18yrs old

As for the airdam i seen a lot of Mexican guys use  house gutters as ground affects also to get that Gangsta look .use the VW lip or Camero lip looks good the little black ones.

.the one you have will actually make your truck worth less..when you go to sell it

The War Flag as you say(RisingSun)is still used by the Japanese Navy today

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I have two styles I’m making right now this one with a flat lowered flush look and the second more of a stock with the original downward pitched dam.( this is just the core btw) I’d much rather custom make and fit the front end than buy cheapo China made shit, plus give me the option to switch if I wanna go super low eventually. Hate if you want but having that flag you might as well head to autozone and pick up some chrome flame stickers cuz that’s just about as Mexican as It gets haha

• Like 1

Probably, it said 510,620,720 but I got the hoses for the 620 factory radiator and they didn’t aline (had to get a new bottom hose and cut the top one)radiator was 130$ on eBay and I went with 1/2 in spacers cuz I put the a universal fan in the front think I might put the stock fan back on for even more cooling but not sure if I’ll need it, also considering wrapping my exhaust manifold to stop the carb from heating up.