Replacement door plastic liners - who's using what?

rosso

I know I need a new piece for the wagon rear hatch - plastic is completely gone,.

I have not taken a door apart yet but am anticipating redoing the plastic when I add some sound deadening to the outside skin of all the doors.

Suggestions for glue, installation tips appreciated. Source for materials - basically the whole deal I need.

I'm trying to plan ahead to allow for long delivery times to get materials.

I will be buying a tool to remove the door cards because they are in great shape and I don't want to ruin them. Is this a good one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2A12H8/?coliid=I1CT6X1TU5R3P1&colid=LDUJJ7WXHAXE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old ones are probably torn or brittle so I just use the door card as a template and cut them out of plastic sheeting. 3-4 mil? not 6 that's too thick but not garbage bag either. Then 3" wide scotch tape or packing tape to hold in place. Poke holes for the wind-up and arm rest. The door card clips poke right through. Doesn't matter what they look like they aren't seen again till you take the card off. 

• 1 month later...