Anyone know what material is this part made?

MiltonV

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best fit would be from another 521/510/610/710/S10 (200sx) A10 (HL510) all 620 and first year (1980) 720. All L series 4 cylinder air cleaners used it.

I would place a want add here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... Someone will have one they can mail to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Best fit would be from another 521/510/610/710/S10 (200sx) A10 (HL510) all 620 and first year (1980) 720. All L series 4 cylinder air cleaners used it.

I would place a want add here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... Someone will have one they can mail to you.

Thanks  will see if I can find it locally, if there's no luck the classified section seems to be plan B

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MiltonV said:

My cat is J motor, all and every 521, and 620 here in Costa Rica came with J motors, L motors were for US market and very uncommon here

Of course.

For J series you have to use the J series. L series are a different part number.

Cut up a bicycle inner tube and tape it onto the carburetor.

• Like 1

I have made them in the past from sheet rubber and also like Mike said from inner tubes.  I found sheet rubber was easier to work with.   I also used some fuel resistant adhesive to hold it in place while installing and removing the air cleaner.

I started running Weber's on all my Datsun's in the early 70s.  I do not remember the thickness of the sheet rubber.

• Like 1

I am thinking bicycle inner tube, and keep layering them till they are the right thickness, just stretch it over the layer below it, and I am talking about cutting the inner tubes into rubber bands(loops/circles), not wrapping the inner tube around it like electrical tape, they will stay in position without glue if a small enough tube is used.

002.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, wayno said:

I am thinking bicycle inner tube, and keep layering them till they are the right thickness, just stretch it over the layer below it, and I am talking about cutting the inner tubes into rubber bands(loops/circles), not wrapping the inner tube around it like electrical tape, they will stay in position without glue if a small enough tube is used.

Great idea Wayno. I could have used that about a month ago, trying to get a cone air filter to stay on am intake tube.

• Like 1