Rear taillight issue 83 720 4x4 ext

rnscustom

I'm looking for the location of the rear taillight connector labeled 132M on wiring diagram . I've lost left turn , brake , and flasher . Everything else works fine . There is no power for these at the bed connector . Flasher cleaned up and seems functioning , getting power thru the turn signal switch , fuses test good . Any other help would be great . Thanks , Richard 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look below the right rear tail light down where the frame on that side ends. The chassis harness ends and connects into the tail light harness. Most common problem is a previous owner 'splices' a trailer plug in and the wires rot.

• Like 1

Thanks  datzenmike , this a pretty clean restored truck and done nicely . My power loss is before that I believe I'm somewhere before that and after the turn signal switch . The wiring diagram shows another connector before that one labeled 132M and 1C ( on another note there is a heavy ground there with a black box ??? Is that some sort of rollover switch ? ) not sure how to add an image 

• Like 1

Ok , the location for that plug is under the passengers seat and also has the interior light timer relay , that was fine but my bad readings are before that and at least for the left turn somewhere between there and the turn signal switch . There is one more connector . It's white  and labeled  117M on the schematic that's the turn signal left  and right and carries a ground . Any help would be great , I removed the drivers seat and there is harness under it but the only connector was the seatbelt that I saw . Thanks , Richard 

• Like 1

Only one wire powers the lights at the rear, only one wire powers the brake lights at the rear. If the right side is working then power is being sent there. If the left side quit then probably the ground is off right at the tail lights as the other side still works..

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Finally figured this out . There was a taillight converter stuffed in the rear frame rail . It must cancel the brake light when the turn signal is on . It wasn’t shown in the schematics I have . The thing was cooked and no power from one pin . Thanks for all the help