Jump to content
edftdatsiq20

My 1973 620

Recommended Posts

Hey all! This is my ratty 73 620, bought her off a buddy a few years back, I believe he may have been a ratsun member. Has a L20 in it with 5 speed. 

 

I initially just went with beebanis front brake swap to start, bought the rears as well but have been to lazy to put them in. This was all I did to it for a couple years. 

 

Last year decided to pull the plug and did beebanis full coilovers swap, got some Work Wheels from Japan courtesy of Jesse Streeter. Cannot stress enough how much I love Jason's suspension, very easy install. Also picked up a Tacoma tonneau and it fits perfect. 

 

Recent upgrades are finally installing EI dizzy, very hard to find in Canada at this moment. 

 

Currently waiting for summer to start driving it again, hopefully the cops up here have calmed down by then! 

 

IMG-20191002-181023.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome..... those are some funky rims... I like them...

 

Did you do front and rear coilovers?

Or just the front?

 

I just started receiving all my parts from Jason too to do full coilovers on my 521... 

Share this post


Link to post

Nice looking truck! 

Got a soft spot for the yellow Datsuns...

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome. 

 

What year and bed for the tonneau cover? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Welcome. 

 

What year and bed for the tonneau cover? 

 

It was for a 1996 tacoma, was a DNA Motoring TTC-RU-051 model. Pretty easy install, just modified the hold downs slightly and welded on some tabs in the bed for it to clamp to 👌

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Really digging those wheels! Do you know the model name?

Can I ask, how much was shipping approximately? I haven't bought wheels from overseas in about ~7 years but I've heard good things 'bout Jesse Streeter

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, klam07 said:

Really digging those wheels! Do you know the model name?

Can I ask, how much was shipping approximately? I haven't bought wheels from overseas in about ~7 years but I've heard good things 'bout Jesse Streeter

 

No idea on the model name unfortunately, Jesse Streeter gave me a few different options for shipping. 

 

I went with the fastest option of DHL, they left japan on a Friday night, I got them in Vancouver Monday. Can't remember exact dollars but I think it was about 500 Canadian dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, edftdatsiq20 said:

 

No idea on the model name unfortunately, Jesse Streeter gave me a few different options for shipping. 

 

I went with the fastest option of DHL, they left japan on a Friday night, I got them in Vancouver Monday. Can't remember exact dollars but I think it was about 500 Canadian dollars. 

 

Oh wow, thats a hell of a deal then - from what I've seen on some Jauctions it was ~$500cad min. and would take weeks/month. Ill definitely consider him next time around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's come together very well.  I like the entire package.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2020 at 1:57 AM, klam07 said:

 

Oh wow, thats a hell of a deal then - from what I've seen on some Jauctions it was ~$500cad min. and would take weeks/month. Ill definitely consider him next time around

Or was it 500 in shipping?

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Or was it 500 in shipping?

 

Yes? The quotes I've gotten from the auction sites are typically ~$500 for shipping and fees alone - on top of whatever the item costs. And thats for long shipping times and maybe insurance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, Fred420 said:

Hey brother what year Tacoma did you get the tonneau cover from?

 

 

I believe it was a 96 Tacoma man

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.