My 1973 620

edftdatsiq20

Hey all! This is my ratty 73 620, bought her off a buddy a few years back, I believe he may have been a ratsun member. Has a L20 in it with 5 speed. 

I initially just went with beebanis front brake swap to start, bought the rears as well but have been to lazy to put them in. This was all I did to it for a couple years. 

Last year decided to pull the plug and did beebanis full coilovers swap, got some Work Wheels from Japan courtesy of Jesse Streeter. Cannot stress enough how much I love Jason's suspension, very easy install. Also picked up a Tacoma tonneau and it fits perfect. 

Recent upgrades are finally installing EI dizzy, very hard to find in Canada at this moment. 

Currently waiting for summer to start driving it again, hopefully the cops up here have calmed down by then! 

IMG-20191002-181023.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Welcome. 

What year and bed for the tonneau cover? 

It was for a 1996 tacoma, was a DNA Motoring TTC-RU-051 model. Pretty easy install, just modified the hold downs slightly and welded on some tabs in the bed for it to clamp to 👌

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, klam07 said:

Really digging those wheels! Do you know the model name?

Can I ask, how much was shipping approximately? I haven't bought wheels from overseas in about ~7 years but I've heard good things 'bout Jesse Streeter

No idea on the model name unfortunately, Jesse Streeter gave me a few different options for shipping. 

I went with the fastest option of DHL, they left japan on a Friday night, I got them in Vancouver Monday. Can't remember exact dollars but I think it was about 500 Canadian dollars. 

10 hours ago, edftdatsiq20 said:

No idea on the model name unfortunately, Jesse Streeter gave me a few different options for shipping. 

I went with the fastest option of DHL, they left japan on a Friday night, I got them in Vancouver Monday. Can't remember exact dollars but I think it was about 500 Canadian dollars. 

Oh wow, thats a hell of a deal then - from what I've seen on some Jauctions it was ~$500cad min. and would take weeks/month. Ill definitely consider him next time around

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Or was it 500 in shipping?

Yes? The quotes I've gotten from the auction sites are typically ~$500 for shipping and fees alone - on top of whatever the item costs. And thats for long shipping times and maybe insurance.

• Like 1