My never ending 520 project

Kenp19

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still needs a little trimming on the window channel but it’s all one piece again not all that pretty but Good enough for plastic  the glass and the door both  fit great   So it’s on to the the rest of the rot Down lower 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Noll said:

Nice work, glad to see you're saving the cab 🙂 .

I’m not Glad to be doing it 😂... Thanks man not my finest work but good enough I think I’d have had better results had I used my bead roller to make the channel and just rolled the radius into flat metal as opposed to bending something up and shrinking and stretching it like I did  because I didn’t want to have to “waste time” digging  out the right tool   😂😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Floor and inner rockers are repaired still a good amount of rust repairs to do but  the cab is on for test fit gotta do a bit of fire wall work to accommodate the new tilt column and pedal set up then on to the fun stuff 

42A5D500-9CC2-4AF8-9626-C701970DC606.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 420n620 said:

where's the video of designing the rear power window ? That's pretty cool. 

Thanks still in the very early stages of the project not much to show the regulator is just tacked on to a crude bracket right now to kinda see what’s what I’ll post more about it as I make some more progress I ran out of steel over the weekend so I moved on to my new pedal set up but I’m hoping to get back to the rear glass next weekend 

• Like 2
On 5/8/2021 at 12:26 AM, BrothersGarage said:

Yeah that rear window mod is sexy. What tilt column are you running with? 

Thanks man it’s a work in progress  my steering column is some  “gm style “ 72E99AB4-9C19-4A9A-95DF-5E7D3E53FA05.thumb.jpeg.eaf69e04509364bb3647b9d5d24d2c27.jpegeBay hotness  I forget the brand name  but its stainless and seems well built ... couldn’t bring myself to pay ididit prices for something I planned on immediately chopping up and possibly destroying😂

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

Makes total sense, looks fantastic too. Nice job!

Thanks Man just like seemingly everything else I do it’s still a work in progress. Im currently working on the column mount/ pedal set up getting it all fitted and hooked up to run the 7” gm booster  and stiffening up the column mount a bit 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Haven’t gotten much done the past month or so but here’s my chopped down 67 cougar taillights and chopped up 68 Camaro bumpers still plenty to do also got my tailgate handles operating using autoloc mini bearclaw latches I’ll have to get a video once I get back out in the garage ... someday 😂

322C0B19-0AF6-42A8-B8DC-5506E5937F2D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

KenP19

I just looked at the door post repairs....holey cow....that is amazing work right there....we all know why these old trucks didnt make in the greater Northeaster part of the USA....your hot rod truck is smiling now...you keep feeding it like you have been it'll be complete truck again...

thanks for sharing your journey.

MikeC

• 6 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:35 AM, mikec4193 said:

KenP19

I just looked at the door post repairs....holey cow....that is amazing work right there....we all know why these old trucks didnt make in the greater Northeaster part of the USA....your hot rod truck is smiling now...you keep feeding it like you have been it'll be complete truck again...

thanks for sharing your journey.

MikeC

Thanks it’s been a ton of work  nothing survives the salt 😂 sorry for the late reply I got a new phone a few months ago and haven’t been able to figure out how to get back on here till today lol good thing I’m better at metal work than I am with technology or the truck might never get done 😂😂😂

• Like 1