factory radio shaft nut sizes

pdp8

I removed the nasty Kraco dual-knob and was working to fit a factory-correct Clairon when I found the shaft nuts were a different size.

Most of the dual knob decks I have are the same size, but this is just a bit smaller...because nothing is ever easy.

Anybody remember the size options or know where I might buy some?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Factory Clarion for the 1200 or the 210?

They may very well be the same.....but you never know.

I am hoping to poke around in the shop this weekend and will see what is out there. Or, more to the point, see if I can find an old radio and or radio shaft nut.

12 hours ago, KELMO said:

Factory Clarion for the 1200 or the 210?

They may very well be the same.....but you never know.

I am hoping to poke around in the shop this weekend and will see what is out there. Or, more to the point, see if I can find an old radio and or radio shaft nut.

I'm not sure, the Clarion RN-403 had a Datsun label on it but could have been OEM for any Datsun of the dual-knob era.

I do remember there were at least two shaft sizes that were fairly common and that if one is hard-up, one may smash the larger size out of round to get enough grip to mostly work. :-]

For the moment I'm pretty happy to just be able to listen to NPR or whatever, but when I get a minute I'll dig out a DIN cable end and fab the AUX-IN cable.  I also need to find or fab a bezel that looks right for this setup.  The one advantage the Kraco had was it filled the tall space in the factory dash without an adapter.

Next time I go to a wrecking yard or my storage, I'll dig for some small radio shaft nuts I suppose.