Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, john510 said:

I'd say you're wrong.Truth is we don't know how many people have had it.It's probably a safe assumption to think it's a lot more than 33,800.It's probably into six figures.Maybe more ? We will never know.

Yes, you would have to test everyone. Another thing if you don't think you have it, or had/have no symptoms it's unlikely you would go for a test. If you DO have symptoms you are much more likely to go for testing. I would say that those tested are weighted slightly towards those with it. To be meaningful you would have to take a random sample of people. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Yes, you would have to test everyone. Another thing if you don't think you have it, or had/have no symptoms it's unlikely you would go for a test. If you DO have symptoms you are much more likely to go for testing. I would say that those tested are weighted slightly towards those with it. To be meaningful you would have to take a random sample of people. 

Last weekend I was feeling a bit off and decided to contact my Doctor on Monday to maybe get an appointment and possibly tested. So first I called to set an appointment, and that lead to a call from a Nurse Practitioner calling to ask me some questions 

She asked about my temp, throat, smell and taste. All of it was a no. So she said my doctor would all me and do a phone visit instead of me coming in and putting myself at risk by walking around a med facility. i asked about getting tested and she said it did not sound like I needed it, but would leave it up to the doctor. I said ok, and then she replied with "I appreciate you being honest about your symptoms" And I replied, why wouldn't I be honest, and she told me that some folks have been lying about their condition to get tested quicker. 

My Doc called me the next day, but I was feeling much better by then. He reminded me we are still in a very strong allergy season and to just keep a tab on how I feel . Luckily I have been fine since. He did not feel that I needed to be tested. 

Which leads me to think, how many false or false positives have been added to the rolls?

• Like 2
On 4/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

yup. and they're so addicted to the bux it brings in they let covid spread to the rest of the world rather than warning us.

Part of the master plan.......

Now they are buying up US companies that were barely making it before the CV19 shut down, so they get their hands on the technology, not to mention plants here in the US.

The automotive electronics plant I work in was owned by Continental, but was renamed Vitesco around the first of the year, and sold off to unknown investors.

Seeing that we have had chinese touring the plant, I suspect the worst.....

Thankfully the department I work in is still owned by Continental, who are building a new plant, that should be opening a year from now, and I most likely will get on there.

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

not-saying-kill.jpg

You know, if everyone had 6 months, hell 3 months savings in their mattress and a months food stocks salted away there wouldn't be this bullshit.  

I still think people would do this even if they had 1-years savings and 1-years food storage

The public sucks 

Edited by I'm BLUE
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ratwagon1600 said:

I don’t know how a bunch of people walking around with signs is considered,, EXPLODES!!!!

but whatever 

the protest in our capital (Washington) was about 2500 people according to the news ... we live in connected city .Tumwater... Tumwater school district has an enrollment of over 6800 children..

The sky is falling the sky is falling,, omg 

a lot of the protesters are mad not at staying home ..but..  the stupid rules.. weed shops and liquor stores are open... all public lands are closed .. fishing is illegal.. buying seeds to grow a garden ( we are in spring over here) is also banned in some states as they were deemed non essential...  

I have noticed that the news like to leave out people in other countries are also “protesting” also like France , Brazil, India but if late night comics say it true ,,, it must be true 

carry on 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

And then the other shoe drops....

What I see in her statement is thou shalt not deviate from the master plan and voice a different opinion or we shall smite thee down and remove your business and medical licenses.

• Like 1

And now "they" are proposing to invade your privacy by installing an App on your cell phone to track your every move so that "they can trace your contacts in case of infection."  Who says Big Brother isn't watching ?  If you don't download and use land lines don't worry.  I'm sure the good folk at Fort Meade have already got your wired connections on tape.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

Don't cell phones do that already? They have GPS in them don't they? I didn't know you could infect someone by calling them.

This app would automatically record and store all cell phone locations and cross reference them for documentation of person to person contact , so making ID of possible herd sharing of virus.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Don't cell phones do that already? They have GPS in them don't they? If you own one you gave up your rights to any privacy long ago.  I didn't know you could infect someone by calling them.

Correct. Cellphones track you withing 6ft of where you're standing - using triangulation of the cellphone towers it connects to. 

Snowden showed us that the governement already reads every email, goes though every phone conversation, has access to all of your health records, all of your credit history, ect anyway. 

45 minutes ago, MikeRL411 said:

This app would automatically record and store all cell phone locations and cross reference them for documentation of person to person contact , so making ID of possible herd sharing of virus.

Collects your metadata and shares it with (hopefully though unlikely because the government could subponea all of that if they wanted) one source. You can download many versions of this kind of app - they gained traction when the Snowden revelations came out. 

Examples: https://www.dailydot.com/debug/stanford-metaphone-metadata-research-app/
https://koolspan.com/metadata-says-about-you/
https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/06/29/what-your-metadata-says-about-you/SZbsH6c8tiKtdCxTdl5TWM/story.html

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I didn't know you could infect someone by calling them.

Just me having a cell phone ,, 40 seconds after I get done shppping is like an infection..  

you could be in there 4-5-6 hours . It don’t matter ... pack stuff in , shut car door ..ring a ding dong,,

oh it’s the wife .. 

could you get me a....?? 

• Like 1

Why can't we treat the NHS's forgotten patients? Thousands of operations are cancelled and heart, stroke and cancer victims miss vital treatment despite empty hospitals (and dancing nurses who find time to make viral videos)

• Private hospitals are lying empty as they turn away non coronavirus patients
  • Up to 40,000 NHS beds are unused and A&E admissions are down by a third
  • But operations are still being cancelled and 2,700 cancers a week are missed 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8249241/Nearly-40-000-hospital-beds-lie-operations-treatments-cancelled.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

• Like 2