Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah that's common when going fast. People assume you are going near the speed limit and think there's time and room. Twenty MPH over is 29.33 feet per second closer than expected, barely enough for the driver to turn his head back and start letting the clutch out. If 20 over in a 50 you're closing at over 100 feet a second. Three seconds is a football field. I ALWAYS have my HIDs on. Cars looking to pull out expect to see headlights if there is a car coming. No headlight, no car coming..... WTF!!! where did that Datsun come from????

Kind of hard to miss a white, extended cab F250 service body with a rack.  People are just idiots.  The people yesterday would have been fine if they had stepped on the gas, but they turned in front of me and accelerated like a turtle in the arctic.

• Like 1

We should have nuked china when MacArthur wanted to.

No little fat man running N. Korea,

No Nam,

No mass pollution,

No pandemics,

No cheap crap auto parts,

No mass job loses due to slave labor,

and on, and on.

• Like 2
On 4/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, datzenmike said:

I'm even older now (birthday today) and just not in a hurry anymore. If I'm driving I like to enjoy the ride not get tense in traffic. This is not to say I haven't gone fast. On 80K roads in the boonies I like plowing into tight turns that are marked much lower. Technically not speeding but extremely rare, maybe once or twice a summer. If on holiday like Canby weekend I get onto tertiary roads an putt along.

Yeah, I seem to have cooled off quite a bit the older I have gotten, and that is probably a good thing. 

And by the way.... Happy Birthday! 

Best Gay Birthday Cake GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 1

Not following the numbers here. He's diluting.

If 33,800 cases positive and 1,200 deaths at present in California, that's just under 3% death rate. And some of those detected haven't matured and got over it or died yet so it could be higher. There's a lag between testing positive and cure/dying. If you test positive for covid19 you have a 3% or better chance of dying. Am I wrong?

Also no numbers for child molesting, spousal abuses. Look at it this way if there is one case in a million of child molestation and it goes up 100% then there are now 2 cases. That's a HUGE spike!!!! Statistics? beware of them.

• Like 1

Sewage tests suggests for every 10 people who we think had it, 7 more had it and didn't know: That's just preliminary testing, but there have been 2 such studies now that suggest this - here is the most recent one I am referencing:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.05.20051540v1

If you look at the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine COVID19 tracker, you can see how much this has exploded since it was tested. (fuck China's and Russias bullshit numbers) but I would tend to believe most of Europe and since the US has the most confirmed I would tend to believe that we are at least trying to report correctly.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Out of confirmed cases we are looking at around a 9-10% mortality rate (the US is way lower with around a 5.5%)  so with a little bit of (I'm not a doctor or mathematician) work it's pretty clear to see that the morality rate is closer to what the US is reporting around a 5% 

The problem that we have is we still don't have a vaccine to stop this from coming back around for another 5% swipe at us every year. Nor does our medical facilities in most developed nations can't keep up with the demands. With as many immune compromised people, elderly, and as much homelessness as we have, this shit is just going to keep flaring back up.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/coronavirus-no-evidence-that-recovered-patients-are-immune-says-who-1.4238216

We also don't know to what full extent COVID19 changes the people who are fortunate enough to have survived it. There are reports of loss of smell and taste that stick around afterwards, reports of people developing seizures as well. 

<rant>

I'm all for getting back to going to the movies, I miss visiting friends, I am worried about my family members on unemployment and having to struggle more than they should (and the millions of other Americans in the same boat). But I don't wanna risk my grandparents lives, and that of all the other people susceptible to this crap to get all that back. America's cases haven't even plateaued for 2 weeks to give us any hope that this will slow down yet and we have retards walking around with AR15s around their neck holding signs saying "Fauci lied", blocking access to hospitals. In my opinion they can get fucked and don't deserve the healthcare they endanger. 

</rant>

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 1