Covid-19 Prepared?

7 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

and we are running wild again...Time to go streaking again...Yahoo...

Streaking is a thing again? Running seems like to much work. I will lay naked on the beach and people will think they are seeing whale.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

At my job and my area we have taken our masked off and we are running wild again...Time to go streaking again...Yahoo...

I dunno bout Georgia but here in California you'll get put on the sex offender list for life

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Is the WSJ an independent news source? Maybe they are left of center?

Unable to get full article to see who did this research on Iver. Anyone else know who did study and what errors they made?

image.thumb.png.502bfa34e87b085365e420e70943473d.png

49 minutes ago, Dav said:

Is the WSJ an independent news source? Maybe they are left of center?

Unable to get full article to see who did this research on Iver. Anyone else know who did study and what errors they made?

image.thumb.png.502bfa34e87b085365e420e70943473d.png

I didn't have trouble reading it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/ivermectin-didnt-reduce-covid-19-hospitalizations-in-largest-trial-to-date-11647601200

• 4 weeks later...

The up shot is that the more exposure to sunlight the less co-vid sickness and death. Hard to get in the PNW but try for more outdoor time. Vitamin D supplements don't seem to help, it has to be sunlight exposure.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread has kind of lost momentum because we're all tired of this Covid shit but i have a question.Is anybody working in (i'll call it a service industry) noticing how customers have just become a total pain in the ass ? I build staircases.Not necessarily an easy job and frequently quite complicated.This last year or so our customers have become so difficult over the most ridiculous shit.I do very nice work and rarely get callbacks for quality issues or any other problems.The shit people will complain about is pushing me to the edge.You explain things,they argue.Draw it out on paper,they approve it,you build it,they don't like it.WTF is going on ? I'm starting to think this Covid shit and the country's current situation is causing some sort of mental disruption in people that would have been fine two years ago.Ok rant over.Be nice to people busting their ass to do a nice job for you.

• Like 4

A supervisor I worked with for a while used to say people wanted things done/built (construction) like they were ordering a pizza. This was years ago; it's only gotten worse. They also expect everything done for peanuts like you aren't trying to survive/make a living also.

On the other side, unfortunately, there are a LOT of really crappy players in the construction industry, and they have created a bad stereotype for the rest of us who have spent a lot of time improving/perfecting our skillsets.

• Like 4
Just now, thisismatt said:

A supervisor I worked with for a while used to say people wanted things done/built (construction) like they were ordering a pizza. This was years ago; it's only gotten worse. They also expect everything done for peanuts like you aren't trying to survive/make a living also.

On the other side, unfortunately, there are a LOT of really crappy players in the construction industry, and they have created a bad stereotype for the rest of us who have spent a lot of time improving/perfecting our skillsets.

Yes construction has it's flakes and con men but the guy i work for has been in business 35 years.I've been there for 16.My biggest gripe is these people that have zero skills or experience building stairs questioning the way things are done and not liking what they see.I could write a book on some of the shit i've been dealing with.This is recent BS,never had problems like this before.These customers are making me think hard about leaving the stair business and getting a job at Home Depot pushing carts back into the stalls.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, john510 said:

I know this thread has kind of lost momentum because we're all tired of this Covid shit but i have a question.Is anybody working in (i'll call it a service industry) noticing how customers have just become a total pain in the ass ? I build staircases.Not necessarily an easy job and frequently quite complicated.This last year or so our customers have become so difficult over the most ridiculous shit.I do very nice work and rarely get callbacks for quality issues or any other problems.The shit people will complain about is pushing me to the edge.You explain things,they argue.Draw it out on paper,they approve it,you build it,they don't like it.WTF is going on ? I'm starting to think this Covid shit and the country's current situation is causing some sort of mental disruption in people that would have been fine two years ago.Ok rant over.Be nice to people busting their ass to do a nice job for you.

I think first of all, people were cooped up over the last 2 years, causing massive frustration.  However, I read somewhere last year (sure, label as a conspiracy theory...........many of which HAVE been proven true!!), that this f**king man made virus was designed to target the human body & mind, in many different ways.  One theory is that it targeted whatever it is that is in our make up, that "manages" our brain & how it responds to certain input etc, maybe things like inhibition.....??  I too have noticed similar anger issues & less respect for others.  One of the biggest in my book is road rage..............I have never seen so much of it going on!  Driving home from my gf's a couple months ago, around 10pm, light rain, double lane 35mph, I'm in left lane cruising alongside a Suzuki SX4 (noticed cuz I was looking for one before I bought my Matrix AWD), likely doing 40mph+.  We were simply cruising along.  Minute later I see two big ass headlights right in my back window.  OK some douchebag, what should I do?  I'm already over the speed limit.  I'm NOT gonna speed up more to get past the other car & move into the right lane, risking a ticket.  I can NOT slow down to move in behind him, cuz the douchebag is right on my tail.  I STAY on the accelerator, but tap my left foot on the brake pedal to SIMPLY signal "Hey, back off for a second!".  What does douchebag do?  Gets closer to me & flashes his big LED light bar at me!  I just hold my position.  Eventually the Suzuki moved ahead a bit, so this big ass truck dives into the right lane to try to pass me.......did NOT give me a chance to move over out of the way.  Just as he did that, another car pulled out in front of the Suzuki, not dangerously, but the Suzuki applied his brakes as this big ass truck was careening over into his lane!  In an instant, I gun it so that the douchebag CAN avoid rear ending him & he DOES dive back behind me, this time inches from my bumper.  By this time, I am approaching my left turn into my apartment complex.  He follows me in, right on my tail.  I remember thinking "Oh great, this douchebag lives here?".  But he follows me all the way in to my parking area.  I see my neighbor walking his HUGE white pit bull, toot my horn so he sees me, park, get out & we stand in the middle of the lane, with this big truck sitting in a parking spot a few spots away, still running, lights on.  I'm confident the douchebag sees Loki the HUGE white pitbull, cuz he reveresed out & roared off thru the parking lot!  Two days later, I see him driving thru the parking lot, so I run down, jump in my car & follow.  He DOES live in same complex, pretty cool turbo diesel flatbed..........punk ass 18 year old kid!!  His Mom (had to be??) happened to be getting out of another vehicle, cuz they were talking.  They walk right past me in my car, kid took no notice.  I decided NOT to confront him in front of his Mom, but all I wanted to do was talk with him...........I'm not a fighter!  Anyway, yesterday alone, I witnessed two other road rage incidents!  People are angry!  Why?  The jab?  Economic inflation?  Our president is a complete babbling idiot?  The left is sucking people dry?  Who knows, but I agree with you!!  I'm just trying to lay low & NOT stir people up, cuz things are NOT good these days......................

• Like 4
1 hour ago, yenpit said:

I think first of all, people were cooped up over the last 2 years, causing massive frustration.  However, I read somewhere last year (sure, label as a conspiracy theory...........many of which HAVE been proven true!!), that this f**king man made virus was designed to target the human body & mind, in many different ways.  One theory is that it targeted whatever it is that is in our make up, that "manages" our brain & how it responds to certain input etc, maybe things like inhibition.....??  I too have noticed similar anger issues & less respect for others.  One of the biggest in my book is road rage..............I have never seen so much of it going on!  Driving home from my gf's a couple months ago, around 10pm, light rain, double lane 35mph, I'm in left lane cruising alongside a Suzuki SX4 (noticed cuz I was looking for one before I bought my Matrix AWD), likely doing 40mph+.  We were simply cruising along.  Minute later I see two big ass headlights right in my back window.  OK some douchebag, what should I do?  I'm already over the speed limit.  I'm NOT gonna speed up more to get past the other car & move into the right lane, risking a ticket.  I can NOT slow down to move in behind him, cuz the douchebag is right on my tail.  I STAY on the accelerator, but tap my left foot on the brake pedal to SIMPLY signal "Hey, back off for a second!".  What does douchebag do?  Gets closer to me & flashes his big LED light bar at me!  I just hold my position.  Eventually the Suzuki moved ahead a bit, so this big ass truck dives into the right lane to try to pass me.......did NOT give me a chance to move over out of the way.  Just as he did that, another car pulled out in front of the Suzuki, not dangerously, but the Suzuki applied his brakes as this big ass truck was careening over into his lane!  In an instant, I gun it so that the douchebag CAN avoid rear ending him & he DOES dive back behind me, this time inches from my bumper.  By this time, I am approaching my left turn into my apartment complex.  He follows me in, right on my tail.  I remember thinking "Oh great, this douchebag lives here?".  But he follows me all the way in to my parking area.  I see my neighbor walking his HUGE white pit bull, toot my horn so he sees me, park, get out & we stand in the middle of the lane, with this big truck sitting in a parking spot a few spots away, still running, lights on.  I'm confident the douchebag sees Loki the HUGE white pitbull, cuz he reveresed out & roared off thru the parking lot!  Two days later, I see him driving thru the parking lot, so I run down, jump in my car & follow.  He DOES live in same complex, pretty cool turbo diesel flatbed..........punk ass 18 year old kid!!  His Mom (had to be??) happened to be getting out of another vehicle, cuz they were talking.  They walk right past me in my car, kid took no notice.  I decided NOT to confront him in front of his Mom, but all I wanted to do was talk with him...........I'm not a fighter!  Anyway, yesterday alone, I witnessed two other road rage incidents!  People are angry!  Why?  The jab?  Economic inflation?  Our president is a complete babbling idiot?  The left is sucking people dry?  Who knows, but I agree with you!!  I'm just trying to lay low & NOT stir people up, cuz things are NOT good these days......................

5E92F4D8-A442-47EC-B2B3-9BEAF766476D.jpeg.e0e079654542b4e99ca3a75018d09817.jpeg.47f292529490549a6ae6c770416818a4.jpeg

😂

• Like 1

Cov-vid caused but not that way. The last two years have been unprecedented. Everything us disrupted and have become the norm. Everyone is under this 'stress' for lack of a better word. For the last two years you haven't had a president either. Everything has left the tracks and it shows in many strange ways. Yes there have and always will be assholes but now there are just more of them. 

Hey wtf is happening in China??? They have locked down a couple of cities. They expect to test about 50 million people 2 or 3 times. They have this insane ZERO co-vid policy. Could this be another outbreak they aren't telling us about???

• Like 2
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Hey wtf is happening in China??? They have locked down a couple of cities. They expect to test about 50 million people 2 or 3 times. They have this insane ZERO co-vid policy. Could this be another outbreak they aren't telling us about???

My gut feeling is that they are on the brink of economic collapse and have massive internal turmoil over being a communist dictatorship. Covid is a good camouflage for the usual communist dictatorship type population suppression required to maintain all communist dictatorships. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1