Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About 160 pages back, I remember saying that masks won't do shit. I still say they are a waste of time.

Also said co-vid escaped from a viral lab in Wu Han and that hasn't changed.

Fauci should be in front of the ICC in the Hague, the Netherlands for crimes against humanity... and that hasn't changed.

• Like 5

I lived... I had body aches and a headache for about 24 hours. I never take even an aspirin for headache but I took a couple Aleve for this. The next day, No symptoms at all. Maybe a little dry cough and a weird taste in my throat. Virus's kill uncounted people every year. So do auto collisions and people pulling vending machines over on themselves. Although it may not be PC, everyone should get it... I didn't get to my age being hoisted on palanquin in a bubble. I eat dirt, lick rust off my fingers, drink out of garden hoses, and I share straws! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I like the masks while flying. Nobody likes talking in them or trying to listen to others talking in them so everybody just sits there. The last two years have been the most peaceful flights of my life. Nothing worse than sitting next to some fat old bag that wants to talk about her cats the whole flight.

I have to say i'd rather hear some lady talk about her cats than have a diaper stuck on my face anytime,anywhere.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I like the masks while flying. Nobody likes talking in them or trying to listen to others talking in them so everybody just sits there. The last two years have been the most peaceful flights of my life. Nothing worse than sitting next to some fat old bag that wants to talk about her cats the whole flight.

What's wrong with cats you racist prick???? Some of my best friends are cats.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

About 160 pages back, I remember saying that masks won't do shit. I still say they are a waste of time.

Also said co-vid escaped from a viral lab in Wu Han and that hasn't changed.

Fauci should be in front of the ICC in the Hague, the Netherlands for crimes against humanity... and that hasn't changed.

The mask thing...Dan Bongino is always saying "If masks work, why don't masks work?".

17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Well, they're cats so....

I'm Joe King.

We have a sight hound at Kamp Kelmo and smaller animals do not fare to well here. Two rabbits and almost a Boston Terrier. Dude brought the Terrier over and the sight hound (Saluki) went nuts. Conversation went a little like this;

Him: But it's a dog.

Me: No bro, it's about the size of a rabbit so that makes it prey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Ha ha. I actually like cats too. I don't like people! Getting stuck in a tube full of them while they loudly gab about boring shit drives me crazy. These mask/muzzles have made flying a little more pleasant for me. Now what to do about screaming babies?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Ha ha. I actually like cats too. I don't like people! Getting stuck in a tube full of them while they loudly gab about boring shit drives me crazy. These mask/muzzles have made flying a little more pleasant for me. Now what to do about screaming babies?

Screaming babies ? Stuff a mask in their mouth.I'm kidding.

Edited by john510
I was only kidding Yenpit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It will run it's course, I mean that's not a revelation there. All things run their course including viruses. Obviously.... true.

They are going 'crazy' over vaccination. This is true also. Media is worse for cranking up the fear factor and why I no longer give a shit what they say and haven't for a long time.

• Like 1
Just now, datzenmike said:

It will run it's course, I mean that's not a revelation there. All things run their course including viruses. Obviously.... true.

They are going 'crazy' over vaccination. This is true also. Media is worse for cranking up the fear factor and why I no longer give a shit what they say and haven't for a long time.

Thank you for giving Dav some love.You're the only one that will it seems.

• Haha 2

Did it run its course and end in October 2020? No. Hell, it has not run its course over a year later.

Will it ever end - maybe you’ll lose five years of life to this shite?

Otherwise, just more ad hominem. IDC.

Edited by Dav

There was no time table for ending it. The term "run it's course" means to develop naturally and to end naturally free of outside influence. It may take years, it may be (and I think is) becoming more or less a benign nuisance that everyone gets like a common cold. 

CDC Says it Overestimated Omicron Spread by Over 200 Percent

The CDC overestimated how widespread the Omicron variant would be, according to a new report.

The agency reported December 20 that 73 percent of COVID cases in the United States were Omicron, up from just 0.7 percent two weeks prior. Now, that number has been revised down to 22.5 percent, the Daily Caller reports

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1
  • Like 3

OK - what does that mean?

That there are fewer omicron cases. Also that there are more delta cases?

Is that good or bad?

Seems bad.

Also, were you faulting the CDC for getting it wrong with (low) count of less dangerous omicron, but giving CDC credit for warning that there was/is more dangerous delta out there than was thought?

• Like 1

I think making any mistake undermines their credibility.

If they want direction, they should look no further than where it came from, South Africa, and see how things went and developed there and I believe is now in decline. Mostly from the new Omicron acquired immunity and some from vax. Then look at the UK which is in the middle or perhaps near peaking. In both cases deaths and hospitalizations are much less than with the Delta variety. That's encouraging. We're next and infection rates are spiking here also but the (seemingly) less dangerous Omicron.