Covid-19 Prepared?

"Consider the impact to Hispanic residents: In the first 10 months of 2021, before the typically deadly winter months, the death rate for Hispanic Americans was 17% higher than it was in all of 2019. That follows 2020, when the death rate was 40% higher than 2019."

As co-vid was predominantly a 2020 outbreak how in the wide wide world of sports can you compare 2020 and 2021 deaths to 2019???????????????????????????????????????????? Am I reading this wrong?????????? That's like comparing 2020 and 2021 to 1776 co-vid deaths.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah - it looks like they are comparing 2020 (and 2021) to 2019 as a base year, before COVID. So, NO COVID to COVID. It’s a compare and contrast argument.

Makes sense if you’re wanting to show the change or increase. In 1776 there were very few Hispanics in the US proper. Maybe there were a few in what was the non-US west coast and maybe a few stragglers in Florida, but not many in the original states.

1776 COVID deaths would also have been (near) zero, so they could have used either 1776 or 2019, as there would have been none either year, but near zero Hispanics in US in 1776, so they used 2019.

47 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

All of California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and parts of Colorado and N. Mexico were Spanish 'owned' in 1776 and Mexican in 1821. So I would say that there were a lot of Hispanics there.

The population of California in 1848 was roughly 100,000 with 8,000 Californio's (non aboriginal or mixed race born in California) and the rest native's

I musta mistyped - I like pulled pork. Just had some in at LawLers and 306 Barbeque.

My female wife will pull the pork after about 14 hours of low n slow when it’s super tender, as you can imagine. Nothing is more enjoyable.

Edited by Dav
  • Like 1
On 12/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, datzenmike said:

"Consider the impact to Hispanic residents: In the first 10 months of 2021, before the typically deadly winter months, the death rate for Hispanic Americans was 17% higher than it was in all of 2019. That follows 2020, when the death rate was 40% higher than 2019."

As co-vid was predominantly a 2020 outbreak how in the wide wide world of sports can you compare 2020 and 2021 deaths to 2019???????????????????????????????????????????? Am I reading this wrong?????????? That's like comparing 2020 and 2021 to 1776 co-vid deaths.

Shocking..150 sardines dead or injured in a 53’ trailer today. If one of them is sick where they loaded in Guatemala 150 are sick at the crash site. With an R value of 3, had this truck arrived safely, just this one example would within the span of just one month would represent 1000’s..How many dont crash daily? Take note the dates.. Im sure its just coincidence Biden brought new policy 12 months ago..l

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 2
45 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

Shocking..150 sardines dead or injured in a 53’ trailer today. If one of them is sick where they loaded in Guatemala 150 are sick at the crash site. With an R value of 3, had this truck arrived safely, just this one example would within the span of just one month would represent 1000’s..How many dont crash daily? Take note the dates.. Im sure its just coincidence Biden brought new policy 12 months ago..looks like its going well. Kill the unborn, kill the elderly from unlawful exposure, Its ok thought, they are making sure everyone else in between is safe with shots..right?

Well he is an idiot, if his policy is to allow the culling of the elderly... he is in that elderly group. Seems counter productive unless he's immune.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, datzenmike said:

My wife still works but I'm retired and stay home. OMFG!!! I'm a male wife!!!!

No sir, you are a kept man.

Don't ask me how I know this.