Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are not vaccinated, can a physician decide to not treat you (due to limited time or other resources, or a vaccinated person is a better risk for saving, or the physician believes that the unvaccinated raise the physician’s risk of contracting covid, etc.)?

The answer is yes - it is happening in Alabama.

As resources are stretched, this idea will spread.

As a result the death rate from covid for those who are not vaccinated will rise (only need to think about this if you believe covid is a real disease/virus).

• Like 1
On 8/28/2021 at 11:52 AM, datzenmike said:

More dangerous if you are vaccinated??? HTF does that work????

Out doing Datsun stuff all weekend with no cell signal.

Yes it is a possibility. It is referred to as antibody-mediated-enhancement. There are quite a few viruses that being exposed to one makes you have a worse reaction to a close relative, for example in flaviviruses this is seen with Dengue and Zika where Zika infection makes a Dengue infection more severe.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32855339/

For Covid it is a bit more murky and I'm not sure if anyone has a good paper out showing strong experimental evidence for it with Delta but there is quite a bit of observations and anecdotal evidence suggesting that. There is evidence for Sars and Mers it may be worse with Covid 19 (Sars 2) (links below). This is considered a bit of a hot potato topic so hard to get published and still relatively new, so the lack of good studies may be more a "chilling effect" on that line of research instead of actual lack of data. Pretty much can't criticize the vaccines and get published right now (that is NOT good science at all that is politics).

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32855339/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7943455/

The two articles I have heard of, I will put a layman's criticism of the first below which is still a preprint (so not peer-reviewed yet), suggest it may be possible. However, this seems to be mostly computer modeling so may not be experimentally relevant. The other article (which I'm trying to find again as my wife told me about it I didn't read it; note she did her PhD on SARS so is an expert, she just does cancer related research now) stated that binding of the vaccine derived antibody to a spike mutant variant actually increased availability of the receptor binding domain enhancing the ability for it to bind to cells. This domain was hidden until interaction with the anti-spike antibody which would be intended to neutralize the virus by binding to that domain on the normal spike protein preventing binding to the cell. In the mutant that domain was hidden so the neutralizing vaccine antibody couldn't bind to that domain and prevent attaching to the cell and instead actually made it easier for the spike protein to attach to the cell (attachment is the first step in entry and infection).

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2021/08/16/a-new-antibody-dependent-enhancement-hypothesis

• Like 3

Also, on the topic of vaccine safety and death statistics it occurred to me that there is a bit of a statistical oversight being pushed by the numbers for safety from the CDC and FDA. 

I will explain and then give some simple numbers to work through to show what I mean.

So let's say the vaccine has a death rate of 0.004% (per CDC and my previous post) and the Covid death rate for under 60 is 0.02% or something. You would say the death rate from the vaccine is lower right? Well yes but NO. Because what I realized is the the Covid death rate ignores the probability of CATCHING COVID in that number. While the vaccine because it is being administered that rate is 100% of that death rate. Let me explain.

If you don't catch Covid in the first place the death rate from Covid is 0% by definition. However, if you take the vaccine the death rate is still 0.004%

So to get your chance of dying from Covid you have to take your chance of catching it in the first place into account. So looking at the previous graphic I posted of a 0.013% per the CDC chance of Covid infection for under age 50. So based on those numbers (chance of infection X death rate) this is 0.013 times 0.02 or about 0.00026% chance of dying of Covid if under age 50  in the USA.

To note 0.004% is about 15 TIMES LARGER than 0.00026%. I.e., your chance of death from the vaccine itself is 15 times higher than your chance of dying from Covid.

Note: I make several assumptions and a few simplifications for the numbers here, including that what is reported is accurate. It very likely is not (as I have gone on about in detail before). Also this distribution is assumed to be even for the numbers here but is very obviously not. Old and sick are much more likely to die of Covid while vaccine injury tends to be higher in young healthy people as it is more likely to be an improper immune response issue. If you start breaking it down by population group my expectation without running the numbers (very difficult to do) would be the point that those two rates cross per AGE or ILLNESS is around 70s or if you suffer from some other immunocompromise or illness. I.e., the point where your risk is greater from Covid is higher than from the vaccine. Which also means the regular old FLU is a big risk to you too. So basically, if you are sick and old the vaccine is probably the lower risk. Young and healthy the vaccine is the greater risk.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Would this be for natural immunity from having co-vid or from inoculation immunity? Or would it matter?

The natural immunity is logically considered the best and the newest articles I have seen (I can source some if you wish) support this thought. 

The virus is made up of many proteins while the vaccine is just the SPIKE protein. So a natural immunity would provide you with antibodies that target many different targets on the virus. The chance of all of those proteins being mutated such that those antibodies don't detect it and trigger a response is extremely unlikely. Whereas the vaccine you ONLY produce antibodies against the SPIKE protein so mutations in SPIKE (which is what the variants are and it is a naturally very mutation likely gene/protein) are more likely to render the vaccine generated antibodies useless.

Think of it this way: You have a Prison Guard with orders to stop ANYONE (natural) who tries to go over the wall of the prison vs. a Prison Guard told to ONLY (vaccine) stop people wearing the orange jumpsuits. So what happens when the inmate changes his clothes? 

• Like 3

Haven't seen another source on this, but we all can tell that the next step was boosters.

#Breaking: Israel no longer considers people who have received 2 Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines "vaccinated." As of September 1, only 3x vaccinated are considered immune.

58324184fc1f1b36.jpeg

• Like 1

Also there are these fucking disgusting assholes trying to dox people. 

And have people reporting on their neighbors and friends... fucking 1984 bullshit.

vaxd.jpg

vaxdox.png

vax2.png

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Haven't seen another source on this, but we all can tell that the next step was boosters.

#Breaking: Israel no longer considers people who have received 2 Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines "vaccinated." As of September 1, only 3x vaccinated are considered immune.

And confirmed:

"Israeli authorities announced Sunday a third coronavirus jab will be offered to anyone aged 12 and up, with Prime Minister Naftali Bennett declaring that all citizens must receive a third jab to be fully vaccinated."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9937877/Israel-offers-Covid-jabs-entire-population-including-children-young-12.html

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

And confirmed:

"Israeli authorities announced Sunday a third coronavirus jab will be offered to anyone aged 12 and up, with Prime Minister Naftali Bennett declaring that all citizens must receive a third jab to be fully vaccinated."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9937877/Israel-offers-Covid-jabs-entire-population-including-children-young-12.html

Why don't they just make it weekly

• Like 1