Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

So on the one hand all passengers and all the crew were vaccinated but on the other hand 96.5% of the passengers and 99.98% of the crew were vaccinated, so.....

Which is it? everyone or not?????

....and so what if they have co-vid and are either asymptomatic or having mild symptoms. It's not like half are dead on a plague ship and the freezer is full. Isn't that the point of vaccination? so you don't get severe reaction to co-vid? 

Jackie Chan Confused GIFs | Tenor

I suspect shitty reporting on the part of twitter, also they don't count single shot as "vaccinated" only two shots.

Mild symptoms and asymptomatic.... so how did they think to test for it again in an asymptomatic person? Is that by people around them or what?

BUT most importantly notice what it doesn't say. IT DOESN'T SAY THE UNVACCINATED SMALL PERCENTAGE WERE THE INFECTED ONES. And realistically you know if it was mostly unvaccinated who were infected they would be screaming it from the Heavens.

Currently 1/6 of the people in the local hospital who are hospitalized for covid have been fully vaccinated. I've heard higher values anecdotally but that number I know for a fact is accurate and recent for my location.

The vaccine obviously offers some protection but at what cost:

1. the number of deaths and other severe side effects for the vaccine are the highest of any vaccine, hell every vaccine combined in at least the last 20 years, and those are just the reported numbers. I've heard reported deaths are around 6,500. From the CDC itself:

More than 346 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 2, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,490 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.  

EDIT: I was thinking about it and I realized this was a bit of a bullshit statistic that CDC was using to pull a fast one. Note that it is in DOSES not PEOPLE vaccinated. As it generally 2 doses and we know about 50% of the population or about 160 million people have been vaccinated the % of death is TWICE that or 0.0038%.

Now compare this to what got a previous "Swine flu" vaccine pulled in the 70s at 53 dead out of 45 million vaccinated. 

That is almost 6,500 people who would still be alive if not for the vaccine,  0.0019% chance of death for a virus with a >99% survival rate seems like a poor bet to me honestly, especially if you are young and healthy (obviously haven't compared side effects of those who survive either virus or vaccine). Note: it is expected that side effects and deaths are UNDER reported by a factor of 3-10.

2. The effectiveness is much much less than advertised and the virus appears to be mutating around it quickly.

Yeah, if you are immune compromised, old as shit, or otherwise already knocking at death's door, maybe it is worth rolling the dice as your survival rate makes more sense. If you are under 49 or so (99.98% rate in 20-49) then hell no the difference of 0.02 vs 0.002 is only a factor of 10.  Which if you take the rate of under reporting of adverse effects at the worst case scenario max value of 10 means you have an even chance of dying from the vaccine or the virus and the vaccine STILL doesn't prevent you from getting the virus or even dying from it.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

I began about 6 ? years ago. I stopped watching TV other than 10 min of the news and I cut that out last fall when I finally gave up hope on ever hearing the truth again. Journalism began it's dive to the gutter about 30 ish years ago as computers and access to information began to flourish. OR journalism simply had no competitors back then and you have to believe it, if that's all there is. Sometime in the last 5 years I coined the expression, an axiom actually, that states that: "For every verifiably true fact, there is a corresponding and opposite fact, that is also equally true." My world has been turned upside down. Solid ground that could be trusted in the past is washed away. Mountains have fallen. Truth is drowned in a sea of bullshit. You won't see it on the surface, it's gone under.

PART I

PART II

My workplace has an outbreak going on,probably Covid.One of them is my coworker and rides with me every day.The other three sick ones are a dad and his two sons.All of them are anti-vaccine types.My coworker worked last Friday (with me) sicker than shit.I had no idea he was that sick.He's the only one willing to get tested.He's been told by me he's not working with me or getting in my vehicle without a negative test.I hope my vaccine works.If he's positive i have to get tested because of these fucks.Something like this can definitely change your feelings about this whole situation.

• Haha 1

First, co-vid is survivable. What's the risk of death through co-vid lately? 0.2% or 0.02% so right off you have pretty good odds.

Second, you've been vaccinated which is, what do they say lately about efficacy? 46% or 92% effective? on top of that.

When I was working we had to answer several questions on line every morning before we could work. One was are you sick? A positive response to any one and you go home. In this day and age, who the fuck goes to work not feeling well????????? Your co-worker need a shot in the nuts.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, john510 said:

My workplace has an outbreak going on,probably Covid.One of them is my coworker and rides with me every day.The other three sick ones are a dad and his two sons.All of them are anti-vaccine types.My coworker worked last Friday (with me) sicker than shit.I had no idea he was that sick.He's the only one willing to get tested.He's been told by me he's not working with me or getting in my vehicle without a negative test.I hope my vaccine works.If he's positive i have to get tested because of these fucks.Something like this can definitely change your feelings about this whole situation.

I have prepared because I don't know if my own Doctor will prescribe things that go against the mainstream.

Lots of info online.

Maybe don't tell the coworker and let him suffer through it.

5144639.jpg.273b99aab9a425aa4e914f73ae3cdf35.jpg

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

I have prepared because I don't know if my own Doctor will prescribe things that go against the mainstream.

Lots of info online.

Maybe don't tell the coworker and let him suffer through it.

5144639.jpg.273b99aab9a425aa4e914f73ae3cdf35.jpg

I hope you have a good Doctor that would prescribe the human kind without worry of woke shaming. lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

I hope you have a good Doctor that would prescribe the human kind without worry of woke shaming. lol

Also this is totally not available for sale on Amazon or from Frontline Doctors and you totally can't calculate body weight and use a kitchen scale to figure out the necessary mg to kg body weight. Nope, totally not doable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Also this is totally not available for sale on Amazon or from Frontline Doctors and you totally can't calculate body weight and use a kitchen scale to figure out the necessary mg to kg body weight. Nope, totally not doable.

Shoosh.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

First, co-vid is survivable. What's the risk of death through co-vid lately? 0.2% or 0.02% so right off you have pretty good odds.

Second, you've been vaccinated which is, what do they say lately about efficacy? 46% or 92% effective? on top of that.

When I was working we had to answer several questions on line every morning before we could work. One was are you sick? A positive response to any one and you go home. In this day and age, who the fuck goes to work not feeling well????????? Your co-worker need a shot in the nuts.

Yea i'm not too worried about getting sick.I don't want to get tested,miss work and get behind.He did test positive.

1 hour ago, john510 said:

Yea i'm not too worried about getting sick.I don't want to get tested,miss work and get behind.He did test positive.

Sounds like the same reason your co-workers came to work sick. 

• Like 2