620 L20B CAUSES OF ENGINE SEIZURE?

slepe67

What's your problem Mike, are you really so much better than the rest of us that you spew this shit.

10 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Never heard it called that, course I speak English not the misunderstood mumblings of a grade three red neck shade tree '30s garage mechanic to his apprentice who passed it on to his apprentice. Look it up in a dictionary and not google. Like I said, words come and go and often their meaning changes from misunderstandings or continued wrong similar sound usage. It's obvious that galley is a basterdized, lazy, complacent and ignorant use of the word gallery.

• Like 2
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Never heard it called that, course I speak English not the misunderstood mumblings of a grade three red neck shade tree '30s garage mechanic to his apprentice who passed it on to his apprentice. Look it up in a dictionary and not google. Like I said, words come and go and often their meaning changes from misunderstandings or continued wrong similar sound usage. It's obvious that galley is a basterdized, lazy, complacent and ignorant use of the word gallery.

All that effort and you spelled "bastardized" wrong.

• Like 1

A galley is not defined solely by being long and narrow. A gallery is.

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I loathe how an interloper can call industry professionals "grade three red neck shade tree '30s garage mechanic". Thanks Mike.

Since you speak English, why don't you piss off and stop insulting those of us who do this for a living.

I didn't, by definition a "grade three red neck shade tree '30s garage mechanic" is not an industry professional, is he? I said that's probably where it came from. You said it's been in use for seven decades. Not by professionals. Why would today's industry professionals who are meticulous in detail and measurements use such poor and inaccurate jargon to describe their work?  If I said... "that's prolly where it came from" what would you think? 

What I am saying is that I have been working in the automotive industry on the engine and drivetrain side for 30 years. I am neither 3rd grade nor am I shade tree. I was trained by professionals at the top level of their market who were educated and very meticulous. Not arguing the use of the word here, but your characterization of my kind as uneducated and less than professional.

Vernacular, there's an English word. It means common speak adapted over time.

Throughout history, words change their meaning all the time. If galley was not the proper word to use at the time, and whose to say because I certainly was not there, it became the proper word through it's decades of usage...by professionals, not shade tree hacks.

Passive aggressive, there's another term you may be familiar with. Pick a fight and then say you didn't start it. Toddlers do that. Are you a toddler?

Or how about troll?

Go get a fucking job and stop haranguing us with your vast knowledge of the English language.

• Like 1

Geesus, never said that. Read the part several posts back where I said it was probably started by "the misunderstood mumblings of a grade three red neck shade tree '30s garage mechanic to his apprentice who passed it on to his apprentice. " Why so bent? You know the better word is gallery and a vernacular is not as accurate or universally known. I've seen it used several time here and it looks like what it is, a misspelling of gallery. 

300px-Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-_The_Tow

Hm, does olive oil have a good anti-wear additive package, or would I have to add zinc ?

I have used castor oil in two strokes because it has very high film strength.

But will gum up the rings, and leave a sticky mess on the engine fins.

Also promotes loose bowl syndrome on your competitors who follow too close, and breath the smoke.

• Like 1

The best smelling kart exhaust is from castor & methanol.

The rules for fuel in karts way back when was gas, or open fuel.

It's all the other stuff people mixed with methanol that gave me brain damage...

Formation lap was the worst, you had to be able to hold your breath, and squint to keep your lungs & eyes from burning.

If I ever get time to finish it, I will post pictures of my dual 100cc kart.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I run a mix of blenzall and redline in my kids' 2 strokes, and yes, I hate the smell.

For some reason, I have fond memories of the smell from when we used to race karts.

Nothing provokes a memory like a smell. Fresh cut warm hay or manure and I'm 8 again it's summer holidays on the farm.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Nothing provokes a memory like a smell. Fresh cut warm hay or manure and I'm 8 again it's summer holidays on the farm.

Yeah, giving it up the ass to the yearling goat...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Now that we're civil again, I totally agree. Certain smells, like race fuel or tire smoke, bring me back decades.

3 hours ago, G-Duax said:

The best smelling kart exhaust is from castor & methanol.

The rules for fuel in karts way back when was gas, or open fuel.

It's all the other stuff people mixed with methanol that gave me brain damage...

Formation lap was the worst, you had to be able to hold your breath, and squint to keep your lungs & eyes from burning.

If I ever get time to finish it, I will post pictures of my dual 100cc kart.

I'd love to see pics of that dual 100.

6 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Yeah, giving it up the ass to the yearling goat...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Now that we're civil again, I totally agree. Certain smells, like race fuel or tire smoke, bring me back decades.

Well, now that you're civil again.

Tire smoke! I don't get to smell that much any more. Cars don't spin tires like they used to. Can't remember the last smoke show I saw.

8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Well, now that you're civil again.

Tire smoke! I don't get to smell that much any more. Cars don't spin tires like they used to. Can't remember the last smoke show I saw.

I burn rubber in the shop on every build that gets completed. It's a kind of ritual for me. Just did a burnout in the shop yesterday.

Just be careful how you characterize us from here on out. You talk shit, I'm going to call you out.