Plug wires??

pidge

Hey fellas I’m trying to do a bunch of little maintenance things to get my 69’ ready for the summer months. I’d like to swap my plug wires, but they look like they go into the distributor cap. From my recollection I remember from years past that they usually push onto the plugs and the distributor cap. Mine look like they go into the cap. I’ve searched using “Ratsun” at the end of the search bar, and looked online at places such as RockAuto and local to me parts places which seem to show hundreds of sets, but all I see are the sets that push onto the distributor cap. Can anyone shed some light on this? If I were to guess it’s all one part, but I’m unaware. Haven’t played around with this older engine stuff in a long time, I’m nowadays use to swapping out coil packs. I’ve included a few pics of said issue. 
Thanks, Pidge
VJdcGpp.jpg

LrlzAnB.jpg

ejfqS3p.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you must have a J13 with an old type distributor, I have never actually seen one of that type on anything but a 320, but the 320 cap is different that that cap.

I believe the wires will pull out of the cap, otherwise flip the cap over and look inside for screws, of there are no screws just pull the wires out of the cap.

I believe I have a new one of them caps.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There should be set screws inside the cap holding the ends of the wires in.  Loosen the screws....pull the wire out.  Make sure the new wire is the same diameter and strip the insulation back the same amount....push in the hole and tighten the screw.  ....OR.....if you're converted to negative ground.....put an matchbox EI dizzy in. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys....trucks stays at a buddy’s shop so I’ll get up there hopefully this week and pull it off and have a look. Haven’t seen anything like this before. Finding parts is a real chore. Thanks Wayno for the link to the ones on eBay. Pidge

• Like 1