1971datsun521

Weber carburetor installation

Gonna install A 32/36 Weber carburetor  In place of the original Hitachi on my 1969 Datsun 510 what do I do with the Vacuum line from the distributor and the return fuel line on the original carburetor

I've looked online everywhere and I can't find a Video or diagram  On how to do this

There should be a vacuum advance port on the 32/36..... unless this is some old POS. Hopefully you are buying a new one from Pierce or Weber with everything needed (gaskets, adapter plate, air filter etc.) and not a Chinese knock off.

Just run the fuel line to the weber and leave the return line capped.

I have one on my 521. Would it be helpful if I posted pics for you?

OK thanks I'll do that and if anyone can send me some pictures of one that's already been done just to give me a better idea

thank you

If you haven't bought the carby yet, do like Mike suggested, make sure it's European. Made in Spain should be cast into the main body.

Yes I did the research  Already  I think redline is what I'm looking at

Yeah and I think it has to say Spain on the carburetor itself

Yeah a couple of years ago I decided to pick up datsuns that weren't running or just laying around n work on them here's the first  2  I picked up bout a 1 1/2 ago

Here is what I'm working on right now

You can also add a second fuel connection on to the carb and run the fuel in a loop. The factory return line should have a reducer to help keep some back-pressure in the fuel line. If you run it in a loop, then at idle and partial throttle, your fuel filter will be cleaning out more of the particles from the tank.

I did that on an L18 years back because it was obvious there was rust in the tank. I changed out that fuel filter at every oil change.

The 510 had a restriction on the carb inlet and not in the line to the tank. Very different from the L20B setup.blue72_carb_intake.jpg

Here's mine it had a connection on the side facing the head.

IMG-20200302-105739.jpg

• Like 1