Jump to content
Goosie_the_xiii

Looking for 77 620 hood replacement

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, 

 

I am in search of a hood for a 77 620. I have looked all over for a replacement hood and have had no luck. Anyone know of any aftermarket hoods or anyone selling a hood?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

No one makes them as there is no market.

 

Funny, I have a new one sitting in my living room.

Pretty sure it is chinese, and fitment may be a pain, just like my chinese fenders were.

Got it off eBay.

There is these guys making fiberglass 620 hoods:

FRP 620 hoods

Halfway down the page $240 , p/n DA-105. and has steel inserts to bolt the hinges to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I paid just over half of that, but that was 2 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post

I think this is one of their hoods on my 620.IMG-1941.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, G-Duax said:

 

Funny, I have a new one sitting in my living room.

Pretty sure it is chinese, and fitment may be a pain, just like my chinese fenders were.

Got it off eBay.

There is these guys making fiberglass 620 hoods:

FRP 620 hoods

Halfway down the page $240 , p/n DA-105. and has steel inserts to bolt the hinges to.

I called that site and it would have cost about $600 for the hood after everything.

Share this post


Link to post

to bad your not in my area or nearer. Know of a 620 hood in a friends basement. Never been installed on a datsun, just not sure if a after market or OEM. 

 

hood is located in south east Washington, if you ask. 

Share this post


Link to post

Christ! I have one in my back yard on saw horses....I keep the lawn mower under it.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, 420n620 said:

to bad your not in my area or nearer. Know of a 620 hood in a friends basement. Never been installed on a datsun, just not sure if a after market or OEM. 

 

hood is located in south east Washington, if you ask. 

Are they willing to ship it?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Goosie_the_xiii said:

Are they willing to ship it?

that would be left up to me to get it done. What becomes the problem with such a big item is the size of the item. What I can do is get the info like weight, measurements, then check Fedex shipping site and then call Greyhound bus in Spokane for a rate, week days only.

I drop it off at a gas station in my area which takes about an hour cause I'm not a priority customer. Gas and food customers are.  Fedex will be expensive and bus takes a lot longer to get it plus theirs no tracking number but it's the cheapest way to ship if your not in a big hurry. . 

I'll be over by their place today to get the ball a rolling. Is your zip -   32825 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, 420n620 said:

that would be left up to me to get it done. What becomes the problem with such a big item is the size of the item. What I can do is get the info like weight, measurements, then check Fedex shipping site and then call Greyhound bus in Spokane for a rate, week days only.

I drop it off at a gas station in my area which takes about an hour cause I'm not a priority customer. Gas and food customers are.  Fedex will be expensive and bus takes a lot longer to get it plus theirs no tracking number but it's the cheapest way to ship if your not in a big hurry. . 

I'll be over by their place today to get the ball a rolling. Is your zip -   32825 ? 

I sent you a PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Goosie_the_xiii said:

Can you PM me some pictures?

will do later today 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/16/2020 at 10:38 AM, datzenmike said:

Christ! I have one in my back yard on saw horses....I keep the lawn mower under it.

Love it! A true datsun repurposer. lol   Is your dog's house a king cab with a window he can see out? 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.