Looking for 77 620 hood replacement

Goosie_the_xiii

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

No one makes them as there is no market.

Funny, I have a new one sitting in my living room.

Pretty sure it is chinese, and fitment may be a pain, just like my chinese fenders were.

Got it off eBay.

There is these guys making fiberglass 620 hoods:

FRP 620 hoods

Halfway down the page $240 , p/n DA-105. and has steel inserts to bolt the hinges to.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, G-Duax said:

Funny, I have a new one sitting in my living room.

Pretty sure it is chinese, and fitment may be a pain, just like my chinese fenders were.

Got it off eBay.

There is these guys making fiberglass 620 hoods:

FRP 620 hoods

Halfway down the page $240 , p/n DA-105. and has steel inserts to bolt the hinges to.

I called that site and it would have cost about $600 for the hood after everything.

to bad your not in my area or nearer. Know of a 620 hood in a friends basement. Never been installed on a datsun, just not sure if a after market or OEM. 

hood is located in south east Washington, if you ask. 

1 hour ago, Goosie_the_xiii said:

Are they willing to ship it?

that would be left up to me to get it done. What becomes the problem with such a big item is the size of the item. What I can do is get the info like weight, measurements, then check Fedex shipping site and then call Greyhound bus in Spokane for a rate, week days only.

I drop it off at a gas station in my area which takes about an hour cause I'm not a priority customer. Gas and food customers are.  Fedex will be expensive and bus takes a lot longer to get it plus theirs no tracking number but it's the cheapest way to ship if your not in a big hurry. . 

I'll be over by their place today to get the ball a rolling. Is your zip -   32825 ? 

20 hours ago, 420n620 said:

that would be left up to me to get it done. What becomes the problem with such a big item is the size of the item. What I can do is get the info like weight, measurements, then check Fedex shipping site and then call Greyhound bus in Spokane for a rate, week days only.

I drop it off at a gas station in my area which takes about an hour cause I'm not a priority customer. Gas and food customers are.  Fedex will be expensive and bus takes a lot longer to get it plus theirs no tracking number but it's the cheapest way to ship if your not in a big hurry. . 

I'll be over by their place today to get the ball a rolling. Is your zip -   32825 ? 

I sent you a PM. 

• 2 weeks later...