L18 egr valve part number?

jhaungs

Hi all. I’ve been trying to find a replacement egr valve for my 74’ L18 engine. Only having luck finding replacements for the L20. They look the same, but I assume there is some slight difference that makes them incompatible? Any insight on this? Part number? Advice on where to purchase? 
the egr passage and valve assy were COMPLETELY clogged. I don’t think it’s possible to rebuild the valve, but I was able to clean out the passage. 

thanks! 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same manual one was used on the '74 L18 in the 710.  Early EGRs were '74 and were unique to the L18s. Later L20Bs used an improved valve and probably different for the increased displacements.

CFOY8X4.jpg

You may have to remove the small manifold on the side of the intake in order to poke out any carbon. Has to be open. For the EGR itself just clean and wire brush them and make sure the valve will open and close. The metal tube down to the exhaust manifold must also be clear.After '74 Nissan usually had a counter in the engine bay and a light on top of the dash to remind the owner to do this every 30,000 miles or so.