Wheels 16x9 offset -15

omanalansan

Good morning,

thanks guys for accepting/adding me to the group. I have a 1975 280z that I have been restoring for the past 2 months, a buddy of mine is selling me a set of new wheels/tire combo.  I'm nervous of the fitment.  can these fit?  

Rota Grid (white)

16x9 offset -15

225/50r16 tires

let me know and thanks in advance

Oman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a friend so borrow one and put it on. If the tire is outside the fender lip it will rub on bad bumps and all the time if lowered. Look at it. If the body comes down will it hit the tire? Don't rely on stiffer springs to save you, eventually something will catch you by surprise like launching over some railway track intersection that you thought flat. Expect the worst and design for the best. Rule N1... make the wheels fit the car not the car fit the wheels. The alternative is chopping the fenders lip off and covering your choice with flairs. This is an option if they are already rusted away.   

At zero offset, a 225 width tire will rub ever so slightly in the rear but clear in the front when driving straight.

At zero offset, you can have the rear fender lip rolled to clear and the front will rub sometimes when turning if the car is lowered more than 1 inch.

So, pushing all the wheels out 15mm will make clearance much worse. You could put wheel spacers on to poke out further and just cut/flare the car.

If you keep the car at factory height, it might fit fine and not rub until you go fast over a large bump! 😄

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 6:41 AM, omanalansan said:

Good morning,

thanks guys for accepting/adding me to the group. I have a 1975 280z that I have been restoring for the past 2 months, a buddy of mine is selling me a set of new wheels/tire combo.  I'm nervous of the fitment.  can these fit?  

Rota Grid (white)

16x9 offset -15

225/50r16 tires

let me know and thanks in advance

Oman

Go here.

https://www.wheel-size.com