Dashboard dial lighting

Payco

Guys. Is there a switch anywhere that gives you the option to adjust the brightness on you speedo/amp/revs dials etc on your 510 dash. Mine are iluminated but very dim. Not the end of the world if you cant but it would be nice to know if there is a hidden adjustment lurking somewhere. I have found everything else but cant see an option.

Martin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In N America they have to be dim-able by regulation, but elsewhere probably not. What I have noticed is that they, (all Datsuns I have ever had) are already too dim and the dimmer dial just dims them even more making it the most useless thing on the vehicle.

I think the 510 dash lights are 3w 158s so higher wattage might help like the 194.

Go to Amazon and look for LED replacement dash bulbs. This is what I'm in the process of doing. Have a care, most are too long and may bottom out. I found some that might work if you want to wait and see how this works out. LEDs can't be dimmed I believe, but they may be bright enough to live with.

Trying these.. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073XKZ9QH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

U27tQet.jpg

I would guess that the lamp base is the same as the 3rd over from the left. Just pull the bulb and push the LED into the base. The only problems are the height... it'll be tight, and polarity. If they don't light they need to be turned 180 and plugged back in.... something I will check before I put the dash back in.

• 2 weeks later...