79 Datsun 510/a10 project, reccomendations?!?!?

Wassup people, I got my 79 Datsun 510/a10 that I'm working on building up. already got the plans in the making for what I'm gonna do for the engine. obviously swap it... lookin to toss in that ka24det. already did my research on that one pretty heavy. 

What I'm really here for is looking to get some body work done in the near future, and I'm starting to find out (as I'm sure anyone with an a10/fake510/stanza has found out) that it is next to impossible to find custom body parts for this damn thing. I'm honestly 2 packs of beer and the recruitment of some art students from the local college, away from fabricating my own. I just don't want them feeling like they need to express their inner demons/feelings/mass amount of college debt into my driver side door and call It abstract.

So if anyone has some good ideas on where I might find some fender flares/widebody/front lip/ rear duckbill that aren't meant for the god sent, almighty bluebirds that would be awesome. 

Real talk though I am actually quite skilled (for a novice) with body work, fiberglass and welding. also not my first engine swap guys, so yeah I know 'one does not simply toss in a KA.' the only thing ill be tossing is a couple thousand (maybe more) into the depths of Datsun hell as a sacrifice for the Datsun Rat King Supreme. Forever may he reign. 

also can someone send me a good free app for the photo to url thing.... im pretty dumb when it comes to this whole forum thing.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The vehicle is too old and unpopular to have a real aftermarket.  You will be forced to retrofit, and will mostly be on your own for the discovery work.  You can start by looking in to universal bits and parts for cars of a similar size or shape. Much like how people have discovered that VW lips will fit 70s datsuns decently, and MG bumpers fit Roadsters.  

You can also look for bozuzoku parts.  Perhaps this chassis was popular in that Japanese style.  Otherwise, you are down to hand laying every piece you want.

Many people use Flikr to post their pics.  or instagram.  Both of those should have apps for a smart phone.

• 1 month later...