Heat extractor hoods

Lt27

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the best idea Nissan ever had but only that one year. I think wayno on here has had one. If you have a proper factory air filter on, water can't get into the carburetor. Good quality ignition leads will also seal out any water. Same with starter, it's sealed to keep road splash out. 

• Like 1

Running a Weber so it's pretty well tucked out the way unless I'm parked nose downhill. The passenger side vent is right over the starter. I'm not having any issues, I just wanted any opinions as to weather or not a drip rail would be beneficial or not. 

• Like 1

That hood is cool because it is a one year hood, but I dislike everything being wet back there every time it rains.

Personally I would just fine a 1983+ hood without the holes or tacky plastic covers and put that on your truck, all hood years will mount on any year 720, they are interchangeable, I would have an 83+ hood except my truck was painted before I realized the water issue.

• Like 1

I didnt realize the hood was a one year only hood. I definitely like it and even more so now lol

It been on there 40 yrs now with no major issues I reckon. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any issues and if so what they did to correct them. 

Thank yall 

• Like 1

With the stock carb and air cleaner there is no problems.  With a Weber there is a chance of getting water in the carb/air filter in heavy rain storms but this is slight chance. On my 1980 720 I did as Wayno suggested and switched to a later model hood.