New 521 owner Ontario Canada

pidge

18 hours ago, wayno said:

I liked Mikes kits as I could run stock wheels with them, even 320 wheels but the tops of the rivets in them rims need to be shaved a little.

I would rather grind the caliper a bit than grind the rivets on the wheels. Those rivets hold the two halves of the rim together.

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I would rather grind the caliper a bit than grind the rivets on the wheels. Those rivets hold the two halves of the rim together.

It's only the very top of the rivet, the wheel will actually turn by hand without grinding on them, very little needs to be shaved.

• Like 2
On 1/6/2020 at 7:47 PM, pidge said:

1/2 hour outside Toronto. Just a touch North/West of it. 

Sounds like you're in my backyard, I'm halfway between Newmarket and Orangeville. Beautiful truck, it's always nice to be able to restore your ride while also being able to drive it, it is a great colour, kind of like the paint they used on machinery in the 60's.

• Like 1

Got into a shit show today trying to trace a few wires with just butt connectors on the ends. The more previous owner tape jobby I pulled off the more questions than answers I had. There sure is some strange wiring someone’s done on this truck. Can someone confirm...the small marker lights under the headlights. Are the orange the markers and the middle white ones the signal? I was up 24 hours when I decided to get into this today and started fading fast while looking at different wiring diagrams.....oh! I’m goin out on a limb here and gonna also say the connectors in the first two pics are not factory. Correct?Thanks. 

-Pidge

8kHzfcK.jpg

jFgzbfF.jpg

TofbYud.jpg

ZJ9wyQg.jpg

What a a mess of splices with some wires just twisted together. Oh well I’ll get it fixed. 

-Pidge 

• Like 2