Mr.510 items on ebay - your christmas present to yourself

rosso

Hi All,

If you missed out on your Christmas present here's a link to items on ebay by Mr.510, also known as Experimental Engineering. Lots of unique items but also some really good upgrades for the 510.

I have his TC rod kit and Idler Arm Bushing kit. Both are well made by Dave in Tacoma.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.510/m.html?item=183932539806&hash=item2ad33bd39e%3Ag%3AQbYAAOSwXt5dZfRC&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Cheers all, and happy holiday!

M

• Like 2
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

I saw the FIA head a few hours back when I was surfing.  

Is the "log" across the intake manifold a coolant "log"?  ( sorry, beat and cant think of a better name)  I assume those are coolant ports over exhaust ports?

s-l1600.jpg

The stock L head coolant holes for the intake are each between and just below each pair of intake ports. This head appears to have four higher up, a pair in the middle and one at each end. Not for the intake as much as for drawing hot water from the head around the exhaust ports. L28 race engines get drilled and tapped in these places and fittings and hoses added to draw out the hot water and better circulate water into these hot areas.

28055911_543647399333985_754265854749018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

So, is he done with Experimental Engineering? Or just cleaning up?

He continues to make the EE parts as his health permits, just sometimes hard to get hold of through Facebook or other messaging - so I posted this link to some of the products he listed on ebay in case any ratsun members were needing them.

• Like 1

Poly are only sensible on sway bar links.

You can modify the poly ones by drilling holes to make them more pliable. This might work.

fmP1NuV.jpg

I would use rubber. This is what happens when hard poly are used and the tension rod has to bend rather than the bushing compress...

hVA6Uko.jpg

• Like 2
On 12/27/2019 at 12:44 PM, banzai510(hainz) said:

I think if those are the hard poly they will break your tension rods. that's why people use the ones with the ball ends on them know(heim joints)

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/510/tension-control-rods-datsun-510

If what are "the hard poly"?

Dave's T/C kit is an evolution of the Nissan Motorsports kit and turns the stock rubber marshmallow connection into a ball/socket connection.  The socket is aluminum and the ball is UHMW plastic.  They allow for rotation so there is no risk of a fatigue failure like the polyurethane T/C bushing kits create.  Dave's kit makes the car so much more stable under braking.  Also it's super cheap and only takes a few minutes to install.

gallery_159_260_1483039513_6514.jpg

Edited by carterb
  • Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 8:37 PM, rosso said:

He continues to make the EE parts as his health permits, just sometimes hard to get hold of through Facebook or other messaging - so I posted this link to some of the products he listed on ebay in case any ratsun members were needing them.

He still has a considerable storehouse of datsun 510 (and other) parts.  Facebook is his preferred communication method.  Reach out and see if he has what you are after.

• Like 1