Nissan 720 reverse locked transmission

Goryin1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have someone press the clutch pedal while you have a loot at the slave cylinder mounted to the tranny. Make sure the shift fork is moving enough. 

it should let go with some force even with the clutch engaged and would probably do this in all gears if it was a bad master or slave. But it’s free and easy to inspect.

also reverse doesn’t have a synchro so maybe it would reveal it self there first. Just a guess though..

does it do this with the engine not running too?

• Thanks 1

He is kinda hard to understand.

It sounds like the shift lever will not move out of the reverse position but I cannot tell for sure from what he wrote.

It does sound like the clutch works as when he lets it out it wants to go backwards.

What I cannot understand is if the lever is moving to the neutral gate/position, I don't know if it will go into another gear if it stuck is in reverse.

29 minutes ago, wayno said:

It sounds like the shift lever will not move out of the reverse position but I cannot tell for sure from what he wrote.

It does sound like the clutch works as when he lets it out it wants to go backwards.

What I cannot understand is if the lever is moving to the neutral gate/position, I don't know if it will go into another gear if it stuck is in reverse.

Sounds like stuck in reverse.  

If you could shift into any other gear it would stall the engine when you let up on the clutch. If any two gears are engaged at the same time the transmission locks... this is good for tightening up the main shaft nut.