Rear window seal ... seems like a treasure hunt

Bodean

So I've finished my truck ... took out the back window and the seal was shot... found 2 in the junkyards around here and they have no rear window seals ... I have one window seal but its broke in one place. Could I glue it together and use some 3m seal maybe... I've researched  and researched and some sites say a regular cab seal will work but the windows are a different size ? 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vintage rubber is the only U.S. supplier online I know of. And yes, standard cabs have smaller rear glasses. The seal from vintage rubber is made in Taiwan so not sure on quality. I have one for my king cab (switching to a solid back glass. Hope this helps:

http://vintagerubber.com/datsun-720-pick-up-rear-glass-seal-cal-style-extended-king-cab-1980-1986/

Edited by SLO720
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Soo...  I got the vintage rubber seal in... and it seems to have small gaps after I installed it... meaning I can see daylight from the inside ... so what I'm asking is should I just go around It with black caulking... the windows in and it's not coming out . It jus seems the seal was a bit big 

If you read the Nissan factory service manual it says calls for some points to need sealant. I had a friend with a 620 who had a new Precision brand seal with the same prob. With the help of a glass professional they R&R’d the windshield 6-7 times trying to get the seal to fit w/o sealant. They were scraping rust, painting, bending metal, etc. They never got it to seal. I informed them about the service manual note. They sealed it, no prob. They surmised the cab may have been a bit tweeked from a PO fender bender. Hope this helps? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1