Body odd hole rubber parts

edekalil

You know the ones that protect hoses passing through cutouts in the body all over. I’m about to order a rubber seal kit from Baz at Datsport, but not sure if all those rubber parts that go on the body holes that hoses go through and such are included in his kits. I know his has the door seals and windshield seals and trunk and under the hood things like at the firewall the one that rest I believe at the back of the hood. Any input would be good.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/9/2019 at 10:31 AM, Duncan said:

I bought one of these kits.  Some of the firewall ones are an odd size with unusual i.d.'s, but a lot of these worked fine..

https://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=grommet kit

Thanks for the link, here’s one I’d like to replace. The one with two holes.

6-E054219-227-F-44-DB-B16-E-F38086-C637-

Edited by edekalil

My dad and brother and I have a big-ass bag of grommets that we have connected over the years. Both stock rubber and from kits we've bought. In my experience, they NEVER fit right. There's always wiggle room. I've widened firewall holes to make them work.

If you just need a plug, Lots of hardware stores also sell aluminum button-like things. They are one-sided, with teeth that keep it tight. Wish i had a picture of it on the car. It's a really clean look and they have wiggle-room for diameters.

hillman-specialty-hardware-881264-64_1000.jpg

• Like 1