Getting rid of things, not sure best way to do it.

It has been a few years since I was active on Ratsun and have fallen out of the Datsun scene for a while. I have finally decided to get rid of my truck and associated extra parts. Not sure how to value things or where to turn to.  I am near Albany, Oregon. This isn't a for sale listing, more of a plea for help in pricing. 

Truck-
1978 620 King cab Delux
The Bad:

Non-running (likely needs fuel flush, and definitely needs a battery, last turned over a couple years ago with a spare battery and some starter fluid but wouldn't stay running on decade old gas)

Parking break locked up (drivers side rear wont move)

Has typical rust

Sun roof needs to be reattached properly and sealed

Heater core bypassed and removed (to rebuild)

The Good:

5 speed

Best looking dash I have ever seen (no cracks)

Factory Tach

350z seats

Nissan Titan Wheels

RGB LED lit Gauges

Ratsun Shifter knob

more ratsun business cards than I can count and they are everywhere

So many spare parts

2 heater cores

a pair of extra OEM doors (with windows and such)

an extra OEM hood

an extra pair of (assumed) aftermarket fenders

some suspension parts new in boxes

Parts I am need help pricing outside the truck:

Factory Tach (Pretty sure it worked on this truck so must be a 78/79 version) (ebay looked to have sold the last one for ~$350 with cracked plastic.  This one has good plastic.)

2 Gauges with good plastics

A Tan Gauge cluster insert with blank for the tach

Let me know what you guys think.  I have moved this thing down and up the west coast and owned since like 2002.  I feel guilty for not wanting to work on it but have no drive to do so.  I am not a car guy anymore and would rather just part ways and find something else to do with that garage bay than store crap on an old truck.  XTt6J14.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

turn yourself back into a car guy 

you might regret this 10 years from now 

check craigs list prices and evaluate from there 

sounds like you have some good stuff with the truck 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:12 PM, Eric said:

i didn't even know it was possible to 'un car guy' yourself. Thats a lesson learned. I always thought the only thing to 'un car guy' yourself was getting married or have a kid

To be perfectly honest, I never was much of a car guy.  I liked looking at them and still do, but daily I just enjoy driving but not taking care of them. I never learned nor had much interest in learning how to wrench on them. Also, both marriage and kids happened.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, banzai510(hainz) said:

A lot of Datsun owners shouldn't NOT make kids!!!!!  If they cant take care of a Datsun ? Should they take care of a kid?

I do a MUCH better job taking care of my kids than the truck. They can tell me what is wrong, and I still take them to the experts when they have issues I can't handle... 

I still have a whole load of sorting to do and cleaning of my garage and will post pictures later. I think Hainz was right about the low price for quick sell, especially with a non-runner.  Can't go that low and may just try to get it minimally functional for a better sale. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Javin said:

To be perfectly honest, I never was much of a car guy.  I liked looking at them and still do, but daily I just enjoy driving but not taking care of them. I never learned nor had much interest in learning how to wrench on them. Also, both marriage and kids happened.

I do a MUCH better job taking care of my kids than the truck. They can tell me what is wrong, and I still take them to the experts when they have issues I can't handle... 

I still have a whole load of sorting to do and cleaning of my garage and will post pictures later. I think Hainz was right about the low price for quick sell, especially with a non-runner.  Can't go that low and may just try to get it minimally functional for a better sale. 

If you want it gone I may be interested. I'll send you my number.

• Like 1
On 12/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, tdaaj said:

I could give you a hand with pricing of things, im the seller of that tach you saw.

Just listed my Tach. First time listing but it is all packed up. Hoping for similar results to your sale. I feel like ebay may be the best option for the smaller items that are duplicates I collected.

IMjD1AI.jpg

Edited by Javin
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...